7769 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
+4 more
doru says

Ok, thank you for pointing me in the right direction and taking this far too seriously. I wasn’t trying to frame you… Now if you’l just send me a copy of your passport or driving licence I will ask the mods to move this thread to the ‘item discussion area’.

Send the passport and driving license in 4 copies, I need them for my archive.

1116 posts inlifethrill
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
InlifeThrill says

Doru, iItem Discussion area can still be accessed by potential buyers. That’s what’s wrong with it. The point was to have a place where discussions could happen on an “author to author” level so that one could get more constructive feedback. Though it is a long shot, it sounds useful.

407 posts Motion Graphics and Scrambled Eggs
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
smudgethis says

Doru, iItem Discussion area can still be accessed by potential buyers. That’s what’s wrong with it. The point was to have a place where discussions could happen on an “author to author” level so that one could get more constructive feedback. Though it is a long shot, it sounds useful.

Fiiiiiiiinally… someone who gets it! Thank you. When I go in for contracts at other studios, work is always assessed by others before sending out as there is always some way of improving it that you hadn’t thought of. I’d like to see more of that here.

201 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+9 more
Darkpulse says

Yeah ! +1000 It could be great to have a place to talk about coming next projects to have an objective return before submitting it. Sometimes, when you create alone, it’s pretty difficult to take distance with your project to make it better.

I think this is an awesome idea !

The other point who worry me, that’s until today, all buyers isn’t telling you what’s wrong with the project they have purchased or what you can make it better. So I’m agree with you smudgethis, to get massive comments like “nice work” it’s very nice and encouraging, but I think buyers could send you a message by explain why they have rated your item 4 stars against 5. For my opinion, I think that’s maybe light to have rate system without explaination because when I see some of my item rated to 4 stars and an average of 100 comments of “awesome work guy !”, I’m still asking me what’s wrong with this item, and maybe that if buyers had say what they wanted to see or not modified in this template, I could have improved it…

So I Think Envato should think to a way to talk items before submiting and after submitting it, to get better and better quality templates here. This is for all our sakes…

113 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
RMdeJong says

I like this idea. I think there are a lot of different authors here who can think of other things than you.

Although I do hope it will be different than ThemeForest, there it’s just people who don’t understand why there theme wasn’t accepted. Even though it sometimes is pretty obvious why.

241 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
rendertom says

+1 Yeap. Would definitely love to see this option in VideoHive.

327 posts UnitedMotions
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
Balistique says

+1 Also we need a speacial area for piracy talks, maybe a forum just for authors.

5219 posts
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+11 more
felt_tips Moderator says

You could easily set up a private group on Vimeo. That way you could also limit the discussion around the item to those people whose opinions you feel you can trust.

The question really, whether it were an Envato thing or privately started on Vimeo is what sort of feedback you might get… if any. People are not always that good at giving honest feedback.

138 posts After Effects template maniac, freelancer
  • Located in United States
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
FluxVFX says

A private group on Vimeo is a great idea for critiques. A closed Facebook group could be an option for piracy discussions

2373 posts Small, but tough
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

great idea. Can someone make a private group please? :)

by
by
by
by
by
by