• Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
lidplussdesign says

Uploading is rejected. Still trying to upload my first template, and got rejection and this super message:

Your template’s design does not meet our approval standards and will need to be significantly improved before being reviewed again. I’m not able to list specific areas or aspects your template needs to be improved in (in terms of design). Some aspects of a template design include typography, graphics, spacing and layout. I recommend you begin by evaluating these areas and making improvements as necessary. – - Before resubmitting, please be sure to see these common rejection factors: http://wiki.envato.com/selling/selling-rejections/themeforest-common-rejection-factors/

Template site: http://www.lidpluss.com/themeforest/concordia/skin1/index.html

all pages are valid, contact page is not valid because html5, browser compatibility checked templete is not working in ie 6, but i did ie 6 blocker for that, what else i dont know:(

need you helpand advice what’s wrong with my template site. Thank You

p.s hope Jarel will see this message and will give me normal answer, why?...

385 posts
  • Elite Author
  • United Kingdom
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
EugeneO says

A few things I noted are:

- The titles in the featured section on the home page could use some space beneath to separate it from the excerpt.

- The footer links do not look like links. It wasn’t until I accidently hovered over them that I realised they weren’t just text.

- Overall it’s lacking the “polish” you will find on the top selling items here.

81 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
Fynn says

Hey lidplussdesign,

I like your design but I think it’s biggest problem is spacing.

I would first align several text blocks vertically. Like on the homepage, align the ‘latest blog’ and ‘follow me on twitter’ headings. I would also align the bottom borders of ‘news archive’, ‘blog archive’ and ‘follow me on twitter’.

Furthermore, I would make the two ‘see more’ buttons less big.

Overall, I get disorientated looking at the text blocks the first time I saw the homepage – homepage design.

I like the header design, nut I think the text on the top left can use some more padding. Same goes for most of the text blocks, just a bit more padding and some more space between headings and text.

Finally I change the menu a bit. At first i didn´t know that ´home page´, ´news homepage´ and ´gallery homepage´ were sub items. Perhaps using a smaller font size in the sub items, and maybe add some other design elements to make them appear more like sub items.

But overall I like the design, especially the color scheme. Rejection sucks! But I think you should alter the design a bit and try again.

37 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
lidplussdesign says

EugeneO and Fynn thanks for recommendation.

37 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
lidplussdesign says

any other recommendations? hope to hear something from reviewer..

by
by
by
by
by
by