510 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
steve314 says

I had some issues with CS4 templates that did not work the same in CS6. I updated the items and included CS6 versions too. But it should not happen since CS6 is backwards compatible…
Did this happen to anyone else here?
In two cases it was the Cycore fx that had differences. CC particle world needs to convert to old settings (the floor settings did not work in the same way. Also in CS4 floor settings were in options menu, but in Cs6 are under physics menu). In another project I got some different results (between CS4 & CS6) in CC sphere… and in another one, footages where not following when sliding the time of a collapsed transformation! CS4 & SC5 worked great! That was really strange, possibly a bug!
This is somehow inconvenient, specially because I don’t have CS6 yet, and I have to check my files in associates’ computers…
So guys, did you have any problems with your CS4 templates in CS6 so far?

1621 posts I create things I wish existed
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Won a competition
+8 more
cyzer says
Yes absolutely.
  • CC particle
  • Shadow/Highlight
  • Curves (sometimes)
  • CC cell patern
Gives project crash and errors while opening CS4 project using CS6.

Think about it, They had to rebuild whole effect to improve it, or fix the bugs. So in CS6 those effects are rebuild or changed in a better way. So sometimes the old good CS4 effect is not the same as renewed CS6.

952 posts
  • Won a competition
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+6 more
3Ddym says

Some Expressions which created in CS4 doesn’t work in CS6

416 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1+ members
+4 more
realthing says

The same here. Problems with CC particle world, and motion tile.

105 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
ToddKopriva says
Report all bugs here, especially crashes: http://adobe.ly/ReportBug

Give as much detail as possible.

If the bug is in a Cycore (CC) effect, be sure to report the bug to Cycore, too.

26 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
AuroraVFX says

Same here. If you have some particles bouncing, CC Particle World needs to be manually converted with the newer version of After Effects, so I had to mention that in my help file. Also, as I noticed, some Distort effects have some weird bugs in CS6. Had to update one of my files because of that… :S

1285 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

that’s really important, to know… it would be good for individual projects that don’t appear the same, to have a note from authors on your project description page, so we know to load in cs4 if that’s needed, for properly using the project. good catch

5180 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Provided great contribution to our forums
+12 more
felt_tips Moderator says

that’s really important, to know… it would be good for individual projects that don’t appear the same, to have a note from authors on your project description page, so we know to load in cs4 if that’s needed, for properly using the project. good catch

More to the point, authors should actually open and check their old projects in CS6, before updating the description! It’s wrong to just assume that After Effects forwards compatibility works.

For instance, many of the standard material properties have changed their index number from CS5.5 to CS6 to accomodate the new ray-tracing. This is one reason why expressions may no longer work. Also, the fact that all frames in a comp are read in and checked for caching means that an expression that doesn’t compile for all frames of a comp will fail in CS6, where it would have been okay in CS5. This is particularly common for references to activeCamera, where the camera layer doesn’t extend the full length of the comp.

Checking goes for any version description… it only takes a couple of minutes to open a project up and do a low-res preview. That’s all it takes to check it.

1285 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

good point Felt, and thx for specific examples… I would strongly suggest to envato that you make it a requirement that authors check compatibility of their files in CS6, and either fix incompatible ones, or submit requests to update the description to not include cs6 if CS4/5 projects don’t work properly in it. otherwise customers aren’t getting what they paid for, and you’ll likely see refunds or tons of service request emails, like “i bought it and the render doesn’t look like the video preview” complaints and the like.

envato, can you guys make that a requirement of authors, to check full cs6 compatibility for those files that state it? or, whatever makes sense, to help

by
by
by
by
by
by