1285 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

because they want everyone to pay up and buy the latest version …

personally I will never have any need to upgrade to CS5 as far as I’m concerned, CS3 and the new (til recently) CS4 works just fine. if I did ae projects fulltime for clients then maybe I’d see a need, but it would be an unneccessary overkill for now, as CS4 is stable, works fine and meets my needs, so I see no reason to upgrade.. I don’t mind if it takes longer than cs5, as most of my projects are 30 second type from here, that take no longer than 10 mins to an hour tops to render

95 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
jaytgirl says

Believe it will be an unhappy time for me and other buyers here, if or when ONLY cs5 projects are available.

Saved for a long time before puchasing cS3 and then saved again to upgrade to cs4. Quie depressing really when you finally get to cs4 and then be welcomed with the news that cs5 is to be released very soon.

Would love to afford to buy or upgrade to cs5, however for a mere simple pauper like myself, thats alot of money to part with.

Savings this time are going on holidays etc!

x

590 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
flashato says

Hi Jay,
I m sure Felt Tips was saying something like a special section called “CS5 only” not to offer only CS5 .One day we will have CS5 project too,but not only. :)

5180 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Provided great contribution to our forums
+12 more
felt_tips Moderator says

Yeah… I’m talking about projects made in CS5 . All the CS3 and CS4 content would still be here on the site as ever.

It’s just much quicker to work with.

-f.

5180 posts
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Provided great contribution to our forums
+12 more
felt_tips Moderator says

For me, the upgrade to CS5 paid for itself in the first couple of weeks of using it…. in time savings on jobs.

It’s not just a question of rendering faster…. that can be done overnight. It’s a question of working and previewing faster.

With big projects, you probably don’t notice, but everytime you want to preview something you wait 20 seconds, every time you change an effect parameter or move the playback head, you wait a second.

These little delays stack up extremely rapidly over the course of a day. It’s not until you don’t have them that you realise you were spending hours every day just waiting for AE to catch up.

Now CS5 isn’t perfect, but it’s a big step in the right direction.

-f.

1285 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

good points, felt… hey in fact as my drive crashed last night (note to self, never cold-close down pc after hotfix! I had to use recovery console w/chkdsk from boot dvd to restore, wasted 4 hours on the recovery last night, then ghosted drive for backup).... I think I will go ahead and upgrade to win7 after all..

(hey is professional needed, or is the home version fine?)

so it looks like after all I will be upgrading to windows 7 and cs5 in the near future; if I can save many hours of render speed that’ll be well worth the 3 days it’ll take me to reinstall all my software, for years of faster rendering.

btw anyone know, does win7 run sony vegas faster, for renders? looking into win7 it appears everything speeds up, so that’ll be worth it… thx felt, and others..

-k

1559 posts AEdorde.com - After Effects Projects
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+8 more
dorde says
because they want everyone to pay up and buy the latest version …

I know that :) and thats why I asked god (joking of course) :D

3135 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Daniel_R says

btw anyone know, does win7 run sony vegas faster, for renders? looking into win7 it appears everything speeds up, so that’ll be worth it… thx felt, and others..

-k

Ken,

I have a friend with Win7 using sony vegas and he commented the other day it runs smoother. He upgraded from Win XP a couple of time ago.

Now that I have CS5 , I dont want to go back anymore! Except for some plugins I only have the 32 bit version and upgrading to 64bits is expensive.

Maltaanoon has a tut for going from CS4 to CS3 and actually is pretty good. Probably we can do the same from CS5 to CS4 , or is it impossible due the nature of bits difference?

105 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
ToddKopriva says
why after effects is not backward compatible with older versions, why? :(

It’s hard to implement correctly. But it’s not impossible. If we were to implement it, then fewer new things would be added, and fewer bugs would get fixed, because resources are finite.

So, let us know how important this is to you and how you would want it to work. E.g., what kinds of things would you need to be backward-compatible, and what things could you live without?

You can file a feature request here: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

More on how to give feedback: http://bit.ly/93d6NF

3135 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Daniel_R says
why after effects is not backward compatible with older versions, why? :(

It’s hard to implement correctly. But it’s not impossible. If we were to implement it, then fewer new things would be added, and fewer bugs would get fixed, because resources are finite.

So, let us know how important this is to you and how you would want it to work. E.g., what kinds of things would you need to be backward-compatible, and what things could you live without?

You can file a feature request here: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

More on how to give feedback: http://bit.ly/93d6NF

Oh yes!! someone from the Adobe Dev Team is around VH! awesome!

by
by
by
by
by
by