• Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
webdesigndeluxe says

I’m getting this error when validating my CSS :

23 #wrapper Property -moz-border-radius doesn’t exist : 10px
24 #wrapper Property -webkit-border-radius doesn’t exist : 10px

How is this possible? I want rounded corners :) What do I do to validate this? Anyone else ever run into this? TF probably won’t except it like this. Should I just comment those two lines and include in the help file how to add rounded corners, by removing the comment tags?

49 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • United States
Anthonyash says

There’s always rounding the corners with Javascript. However, that has it’s downsides as well.

2529 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Blog Editor
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
JeffreyWay says

Adam -

Those are browser specific stylings which won’t pass validation. It’s okay if CSS3 stuff doesn’t pass the test. Mostly, you should be looking for things like unclosed divs, block elements nested with inline elements, etc.

385 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Slovakia
+3 more
uDesignStudios says

No it won’t validate because it is not valid CSS :) Oh and IE does not support any of this… There are other options though:

1. break up your markup and use images to make rounded corners, this is cross-browser compliant but has some limitations (it is complicated to create fully scalable round corners, though most of the time you will only need scalability along one axis)

2. use JS to generate that extra markup, that way you don’t have to mess with your current markup

3. use JS to apply the CSS3 rounded corners, this way it’ll validate and you will have your CSS3 rounded corners (not with IE though). Use something like

$(’.my-div’).css({ ‘-moz-border-radius’: ‘10px’, ‘-webkit-border-radius’: ‘10px’ });

962 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
webdesigndeluxe says
Adam – Those are browser specific stylings which won’t pass validation. It’s okay if CSS3 stuff doesn’t pass the test. Mostly, you should be looking for things like unclosed divs, block elements nested with inline elements, etc.

Hahaha, its Alex, not Adam. Nice try though, I know it must be super hard trying to remember everyone’s names! :) Thanks for your reply though. Very helpful.

by
by
by
by
by
by