873 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
AndySlatter Envato team says

The much awaited update to Cubase 5 is no available for download. 5.5 brings some really cool improvements, I’ve just downloaded and had a quick dabble, personally I was waiting for improvements to GrooveAgent One and I’m not dissapointed, we can now adjust the sample start and end times (quite a basic requirement really) which makes this a serious sampling tool now, and the ability to export the kits is good news. MediaBay looks much better, and that’s all I’ve had a chance to tinker with so far, hopefully I’ll get some time to check it out further tonight.

Symphony-of-Specters
Symphony-of-Specters Recent Posts Threads Started
196 posts SoS - Custom Music and More!
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+7 more
Symphony-of-Specters says

Hm…I should really start thinking to update my cubase. I still use the good old Cubase SX3 . I’m too lazy to update my license but seeing that it doesn’t cost that much to update, rather than to buy the hole package, I think I’m going for it in the next days. :)

Just love this audio prog.

873 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
+9 more
AndySlatter Envato team says
Just love this audio prog.

Yes, me too! I’m very loyal to it. You won’t regret upgrading, the new features from version 5 onwards are fantastic, you won’t need autotune any more, and if you are into recycle, you’ll find you now have very similar if not better loop slicing/manipulation/playback features. Go for it!

Symphony-of-Specters
Symphony-of-Specters Recent Posts Threads Started
196 posts SoS - Custom Music and More!
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+7 more
Symphony-of-Specters says

Haha, yeah. Guess I was missing out on some neat features the hole time but better late than never, right? ;)

110 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+2 more
Catch22Music says

I actually had problems with Cubase 5.5.

I installed it and none of my projects opened, and I could not start a new project.

I rolled back to 5.1, and am going to wait until they release an update to 5.5.

I agree with everyone else though, Cubase is amazing. I just find that I can do everything so much quicker with this program, and everything is clearly laid out.

I am not a Cubase only man, as have used both logic and pro tools extensively, and do like them for certain things, but I find that Cubase has the best of everything, and sounds great.

I run Cubase 5.1 on a quad core PC, 4GB ram, with East West Goliath and Orchestra Gold. Also got the Isotope Ozone which is an awesome piece of kit!

by
by
by
by
by
by