878 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
AndySlatter Envato team says

I ordered my upgrade to Cubase 7, and it will be with me on Tuesday, I’m very excited about the new features especially the “Global collaboration with VST Connect SE” feature. Anyone else up and running with it yet? Any thoughts on the new features?

166 posts
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+5 more
BeyondTheVeil says

I ordered my upgrade to Cubase 7, and it will be with me on Tuesday, I’m very excited about the new features especially the “Global collaboration with VST Connect SE” feature. Anyone else up and running with it yet? Any thoughts on the new features?

running it now. it works seemlessly with all my plugins and keys like ilok etc. its a much more fluid platform.Asio load seems just slightly lower. projects load up quicker and the mixer additions are just wonderful. its the best daw on the market imo and it just got a lot better. i know a ton of logic users are ready now to make the leap over and i can see why.

878 posts
+9 more

Wow, thanks for the feedback, Russell, it sounds great!!

20 posts
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+1 more
MattBearman says

I recently bought Cubase 6.5 so got the grace period update to 7, installed it yesterday, here’s my thoughts:

The new mixer is nice idea, not played around with it enough yet, but once I’m used to it I can see how it will be awesome.

The new EQ with built in scope is awesome, Cubase has needed this for a long time. The remote control editor is great as well, setting up remotes was always a hassle before.

Not had any problems with my plugins, but I had to cull a lot of my old plugins when I switched to OS X Lion, so I can’t vouch for older plugins.

Over all it doesn’t seem that much different to 6, from what I’ve seen so far I’m not sure it’s worth the £120 it costs to upgrade from 6.5 to 7. But I’m sure there’s probably lots of cool new features I haven’t found yet.

878 posts
+9 more

Have you tried out the new harmonizing capabilities of variaudio yet?

20 posts
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+1 more
MattBearman says

Not yet, I forgot to mention that’s something I’m excited to try. I’ve always loved the thick vocal harmonies Melodyne can create, so it’ll be interesting to see if Steinberg’s own can compare. I’ll try it tonight and report back :)

878 posts
+9 more

Not yet, I forgot to mention that’s something I’m excited to try. I’ve always loved the thick vocal harmonies Melodyne can create, so it’ll be interesting to see if Steinberg’s own can compare. I’ll try it tonight and report back :)

Cool! I’ll look forward to your feedback :)

1413 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+9 more
lucafrancini Envato team says

I’m feeling very fine with cubase 6. So fine that I’m scared to download or buy any update/upgrade :D

878 posts
+9 more

I’m feeling very fine with cubase 6. So fine that I’m scared to download or buy any update/upgrade :D

Don’t be scared! Just feel the fear and do it anyway! :)

2010 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
matsteiner Envato team says

Hi Andy & all other! Of course i installed it two days ago already, but didn’t have any time to play with…. im looking forward and let you know more as soon i have some experience! The only thing i know: It seems wto work fine with my plugs and my system until now! Talk you later then!

by
by
by
by
by
by