226 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
chipree says

I’m working on a slideshow and I’ve found a little problem that only comes in ie8. Rest of the browsers work…

Apparently if I use cufon and I want to fade the text to 0 (by setting the opacity to 0).. everything works except the cufon text.

Code example:

$(’.class’).animate({ opacity:0 },500,’swing’);

The cufon text is working properly and is in a h1 tag inside the .class div tag… like so:

Small Title Goes Here

Lorem ipsum quod cotidieque id nam…

Read more…

The p and a tags fade… the cufon h1 tag does not…

Anybody know a fix (had this problem?) ?

9 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Smaugcz says

I just tried it and it worked okay when selecting only the h1 tag or the immediate parent. When I selected further parents, it all faded out, except for cufon.

The easiest fix would probably be adding .add(‘h1’) or comma and the h1 selector $(’.class, .class h1’)

$(’.class’).add(‘h1’).animate({ opacity:0 },500,’swing’);
or
$(’.class, .class h1’).animate({ opacity:0 },500,’swing’);
226 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
chipree says
I just tried it and it worked okay when selecting only the h1 tag or the immediate parent. When I selected further parents, it all faded out, except for cufon.

The easiest fix would probably be adding .add(‘h1’) or comma and the h1 selector $(’.class, .class h1’)

$(’.class’).add(‘h1’).animate({ opacity:0 },500,’swing’);
or
$(’.class, .class h1’).animate({ opacity:0 },500,’swing’);

Thanks so much! yep.. it works… Strangely I thought I’ve already tried that and did not work.. must have missed it… Thanks again!

9 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Smaugcz says

No problem. Internet Explorer never ceases to amaze me … but atleast I now know what to beware when using cufon.

1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
oalo says

I am having this exact problem, only with Mootools instead of JQuery. I tried modifying the selector the way you suggested and it doesnt work in this case. Any ideas??

You can see the theme I am having problems with here: demo.duotive.com/duotive-two/

The problem is in the home slider with IE8 . Help!

by
by
by
by
by
by