226 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Russian Federation
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
chipree says

Hi, I’ve uploaded a item over 2 days ago and It has not moved it’s position in line at all… I think there is a bug as I see accepted items since today(for another item I uploaded 17 hours ago) on Codecanyon and yesterday for both items… (just to make this last sentance more clear… other items where accepted both on codecanyon and themeforest today and yesterday.. but I did not see the line move at all.. and it was the same category…)

I saw that other users experienced something similar.. is it just me or are you guys having the same queue number on your items too?

If It’s just me… sorry.. if not.. someone please fix the bug :(

168 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
Fuel99 says

Mine hasn’t moved up either, but hey it’s weekend. They’ll handle it :)

226 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Russian Federation
chipree says
Mine hasn’t moved up either, but hey it’s weekend. They’ll handle it :)

It wasn’t the weekend when I submitted it (i have a 2 days ago label on it :) )... the strange thing is.. that if you go to http://themeforest.net/category/all and check out the top 4 product dates… one has been approved today and the rest yesterday… so.. hmm….

anyway.. might be just me… because the servers are in Australia the time difference might be acting up and It’s confusing me :P

168 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
Fuel99 says

my bad, might actually be the servers in Australia then yes :p If you really think something is wrong just contact support..

good luck!

2541 posts
  • United States
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+4 more
CreatingDrew says

Hey cy21,

I’ve just checked your account and all seems to be well in the upload queue with the items you recently submitted, it’s most likely just a weekend/reviewer availability thing. Message me or submit a support ticket if you need anything :)

-Drew

226 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Russian Federation
chipree says
Hey cy21,

I’ve just checked your account and all seems to be well in the upload queue with the items you recently submitted, it’s most likely just a weekend/reviewer availability thing. Message me or submit a support ticket if you need anything :)

-Drew

Should I message you in such a case via your Den?

Thank you Drew!

2541 posts
  • United States
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+4 more
CreatingDrew says
Hey cy21,

-Drew

Should I message you in such a case via your Den?

Thank you Drew!

You can message me via my profile or submit a ticket, I’ll try to get to either as quickly as time allows me :)

1863 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
+1 more
FRESHFACE says

I seriously think we should have some trust in tf authors. Why we have to wait for days to have our updates approved? I fully understand that the new items has to be reviewed, but I really doubt reviewers go through every update file by file. Update is mostly because of fixing some bugs and reviewers don’t know what those bugs were so what’s the point of reviewing in this case? Can you tell me what exactly reviewers check when it comes to updates? Do they check if the theme is working in wordpress by manually installing it? Or something else? Author’s can check these things on their own, we are adults. If you would allow us to do our updates on our own, you can of course set some rules or measures like these:

• “Only for authors with * paw and higher” or “Only for authors who are active longer than *
  • Or the updates can be reviewed backwards. For instance: An Author makes an update. Update is immediately approved. The reviewers will review it when they got to it (days). If the update is rejected, the author will be contacted why it was rejected so he can correct it.

Thanks to this current system of reviewing updates, I got like 10 people in comments under my latest item asking over and over about these STUPID bugs. Not to mention my mailbox, oh god… I am good to my customers so I have fixed it asap (hours) and now me and my customers have to wait for days. I know it’s weekend etc and I totally respect it, but I just thing this “system” of reviewing updates is wrong. This marketplace is global, so terms like night, weekend, days, christmas, they don’t exist.

You can’t release a piece of software and expect it to be bug free. Software needs it’s time to be evolved and fixed.

Especially when an item is new and the only thing potential buyers see in the comments are people asking about bugs, when it will be fixed, whats the status, we want it. So potential buyers will go away thinking there is a lots of bugs or thinking “Ahh, okay, I will come back when the update is released, why should I download it now, right?” and they will eventually forget or find some different item. I think we can fairly say that I am loosing money thanks to this.

Mods, devs, can please be done something about it? Something that will change and make this “update system” better ?

226 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Russian Federation
chipree says
I seriously think we should have some trust in tf authors. Why we have to wait for days to have our updates approved? I fully understand that the new items has to be reviewed, but I really doubt reviewers go through every update file by file. Update is mostly because of fixing some bugs and reviewers don’t know what those bugs were so what’s the point of reviewing in this case? Can you tell me what exactly reviewers check when it comes to updates? Do they check if the theme is working in wordpress by manually installing it? Or something else? Author’s can check these things on their own, we are adults. If you would allow us to do our updates on our own, you can of course set some rules or measures like these:
  • “Only for authors with * paw and higher” or “Only for authors who are active longer than *
  • Or the updates can be reviewed backwards. For instance: An Author makes an update. Update is immediately approved. The reviewers will review it when they got to it (days). If the update is rejected, the author will be contacted why it was rejected so he can correct it.

Thanks to this current system of reviewing updates, I got like 10 people in comments under my latest item asking over and over about these STUPID bugs. Not to mention my mailbox, oh god… I am good to my customers so I have fixed it asap (hours) and now me and my customers have to wait for days. I know it’s weekend etc and I totally respect it, but I just thing this “system” of reviewing updates is wrong. This marketplace is global, so terms like night, weekend, days, christmas, they don’t exist.

You can’t release a piece of software and expect it to be bug free. Software needs it’s time to be evolved and fixed.

Especially when an item is new and the only thing potential buyers see in the comments are people asking about bugs, when it will be fixed, whats the status, we want it. So potential buyers will go away thinking there is a lots of bugs or thinking “Ahh, okay, I will come back when the update is released, why should I download it now, right?” and they will eventually forget or find some different item. I think we can fairly say that I am loosing money thanks to this.

Mods, devs, can please be done something about it? Something that will change and make this “update system” better ?

They need to review it to set a price, modify stuff and do their job… and they do their job very well.. the update system does not need to be made better… just… in my opinion… faster :)

1863 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
+1 more
FRESHFACE says
They need to review it to set a price, modify stuff and do their job… and they do their job very well.. the update system does not need to be made better… just… in my opinion… faster :)

Price has been already set and there is nothing to modify on their end with my updated item. I know they are doing their job very well, we all know it. I was talking about the “system” which is slow.

by
by
by
by
by
by