• Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+4 more
CreatingDrew says
They need to review it to set a price, modify stuff and do their job… and they do their job very well.. the update system does not need to be made better… just… in my opinion… faster :)
Price has been already set and there is nothing to modify on their end with my updated item. I know they are doing their job very well, we all know it. I was talking about the “system” which is slow.

I don’t think the system is slow, most items (and updates) are reviewed in 48 – 72 hours, that’s pretty quick for such a large marketplace :)

1864 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
+1 more
FRESHFACE says
They need to review it to set a price, modify stuff and do their job… and they do their job very well.. the update system does not need to be made better… just… in my opinion… faster :)
Price has been already set and there is nothing to modify on their end with my updated item. I know they are doing their job very well, we all know it. I was talking about the “system” which is slow.
I don’t think the system is slow, most items (and updates) are reviewed in 48 – 72 hours, that’s pretty quick for such a large marketplace :)

That’s fine for reviewing new items, but if the only thing I want is to have some bugs fixed asap, so my buyers are happy, it’s not. I have worked hard and fast for this update, so I don’t see why it has to be stuck on your end for days now. This really isn’t very motivating for me to do my job as good as I can.

168 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
Fuel99 says

Sometimes it’s a long wait, and maybe there’s room for improvement when it comes to ‘bug fixing or updating an item’. I do think that’s its very important that every item goes through the review process before it’s being placed on the marketplace.

Perhaps this is the only way to keep the standards up high and to preserve a healthy marketplace.

Not every author works according the same standards as most of us do, reviewing is a must!

Maybe in the future some kind of adaption can be made when it comes to updating your item, or fixing bugs. I totally agree with freshface on that point, some customers may be impatient when the issue is already resolved.

just my point of view :)

2541 posts
  • United States
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+4 more
CreatingDrew says
That’s fine for reviewing new items, but if the only thing I want is to have some bugs fixed asap, so my buyers are happy, it’s not. I have worked hard and fast for this update, so I don’t see why it has to be stuck on your end for days now. This really isn’t very motivating for me to do my job as good as I can.

I understand what you mean and that no one likes to wait, but all item updates must go through a review to be 100% sure no major mistakes were made and everything is in place as it should be :)

226 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Russian Federation
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
chipree says

Are we allowed to give the customer the updated version / the fix via email before it’s approved on themeforest as long as we know that person has bought our item? or are we not allowed to do this?

Also.. If I want to give one of my items to one of my friends.. as a gift.. is that ok? must I notify Themeforest (as I’m selling my items trough them) ?

• Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
+1 more
FRESHFACE says
I understand what you mean and that no one likes to wait, but all item updates must go through a review to be 100% sure no major mistakes were made and everything is in place as it should be :)

Well if you put it this way, solution is simple, hire more reviewers for updates only.

659 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
luckykind says

@_freshface

I’ve started a thread similar to this before and I understand your frustration… I agree that the system could be better… but there’s no telling when a new process would, if ever, be implemented…

In the mean time, one of the reviewers here, Jarel, has kindly made an offer for these kind of situations that I have in the past, and you should take him up on ;)

http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/template-updates-pushed-automatically/22855?page=2#212449

• Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
+1 more
FRESHFACE says
@_freshface

I’ve started a thread similar to this before and I understand your frustration… I agree that the system could be better… but there’s no telling when a new process would, if ever, be implemented…

In the mean time, one of the reviewers here, Jarel, has kindly made an offer for these kind of situations that I have in the past, and you should take him up on ;)

http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/template-updates-pushed-automatically/22855?page=2#212449

I’ve already sent an email to Kailoon one day ago and I really don’t want to disturb every reviewer with it. Plus it’s a weekend…

I honestly think they do a great job! That’s why I posted my issue here because it has nothing to do with them in terms of how they do their work. Kailoon has been VERY helpful to me in the last week, I owe him one for it… Anyway, I just think we need different update system or more reviewers for updates only. And don’t tell me there are no money for this :D

1028 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+1 more
ThemeBlvd says

@_freshface I really agree with everything you’re saying… When my customers come across bugs it’s really difficult to tell them it’ll be fixed in 2-4 days when the update gets processed. And it’s kind of frustrating for me when I have a known bug out there that people are buying the theme with. It’s unfortunate there’s nothing I can do but submit the update and wait for it to get approved.

What I have been doing is asking people to contact me through email and I’m having to manually send them updates. I really wish this wasn’t the case.

156 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • France
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
SachaG says

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I wanted to say I agree 100% with _freshface. I don’t believe it’s possible for reviewers to re-test the theme for every update. Especially that with the themes that are being submitted now, you’d need hours to create content and test shortcodes, galleries, etc.

But I do agree that it’s necessary to have a controlled process. So maybe we could use a beta system? Like, when you upload an update it would say “My_Theme_beta”, and once the file has been reviewed you remove the beta and this becomes the latest official version?

by
by
by
by
by
by