504 posts
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Italy
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
bosone says

IMHO a “spring clean” should be made, to remove the files older than, say, 2 years that still had zero sales…
No, that doesn’t make sense, 2 years with a zero sales doesn’t mean that sale will not come. I guess the point is that customer have a wide selection..
I can see both of your points. I really think there is validity though, to having fewer tracks, but higher quality/higher demand tracks. It would really benefit all AJ Authors I think. More items means more items that customers have to search through. I have done some searches myself, just for curiosity. In some genres alone, there are literally hundreds of pages (not just items, pages!) with no sales. I’m not sure what the mindset of the customer is, but it may be easier for them (when there are so many tracks) to just look for the top selling track and go with those.
that’s the point audioaftermath
with so many tracks for a customer is like to look for a needle in a haystack
IMHO envato should find a way to promote (good) tracks with less sales, otherwise just the best sellers tracks (the one in the top lists) will continue to sell, making new authors go in depression :D.

some ideas:

a “just sold items” list but limited to items with very low amounts of sales, let’s say less than 5-10… it would not have sense to grant more exposure to items already in the top seller category.

a “new popular items” chart, i.e. best seller items approved no more than 4-5 months ago with the higher amount of sales.

i really feel this would help to promote new authors and tracks.

and i’m still quite sure that many of us would benefit from a “spring clean” of older items collecting dust without being sold.

1933 posts
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
gballx says

Removal of non sellers taking place which Dirk Weltermann will approve of! :)

disabled_Half_Light_SoundStudio
disabled_Half_Light_SoundStudio Recent Posts Threads Started
824 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
disabled_Half_Light_SoundStudio says

IMHO a “spring clean” should be made, to remove the files older than, say, 2 years that still had zero sales…
No, that doesn’t make sense, 2 years with a zero sales doesn’t mean that sale will not come. I guess the point is that customer have a wide selection..
I can see both of your points. I really think there is validity though, to having fewer tracks, but higher quality/higher demand tracks. It would really benefit all AJ Authors I think. More items means more items that customers have to search through. I have done some searches myself, just for curiosity. In some genres alone, there are literally hundreds of pages (not just items, pages!) with no sales. I’m not sure what the mindset of the customer is, but it may be easier for them (when there are so many tracks) to just look for the top selling track and go with those.
that’s the point audioaftermath
with so many tracks for a customer is like to look for a needle in a haystack
IMHO envato should find a way to promote (good) tracks with less sales, otherwise just the best sellers tracks (the one in the top lists) will continue to sell, making new authors go in depression :D.

some ideas:

a “just sold items” list but limited to items with very low amounts of sales, let’s say less than 5-10… it would not have sense to grant more exposure to items already in the top seller category.

a “new popular items” chart, i.e. best seller items approved no more than 4-5 months ago with the higher amount of sales.

i really feel this would help to promote new authors and tracks.

and i’m still quite sure that many of us would benefit from a “spring clean” of older items collecting dust without being sold.

Well, we also don’t want to push the best selling authors to the back. They are there for a reason.

289 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Spain
Octopusic says

Tuesday 17-12-13 more than 144.000 items.. This makes 6000 a month and also to expect 200.000 in 2014.

Wellcome to the jungle
musiquesynthetique
musiquesynthetique Recent Posts Threads Started
135 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
musiquesynthetique says

Sun, December 29, 2013

147,356 files

I did some pretty bad math on a previous reply trying to figure out when AJ will hit 150k items. oops.

Since the first posting six weeks ago there’s been roughly 8,500 items, which means about two weeks away toward 150,000.

One has to wonder when the moment of saturation might occur, when there’s more items than there are usages. Is AJ already there? Hard to say. These big numbers include all audio files, so sound effects and idents and all the rest, depends maybe on what authors are submitting and what buyers are looking for at any given moment.

Not sure how AJ could orchestrate a fair “house cleaning”. Has there been any noticeable improvements in the search features here over the past month? (i’ve been taking a break from AJ)

I posted these numbers because it does make it seem like an impossible battle. How will my 24 items ever be found amongst 150,000?

Maybe best not to worry, and just get back to work.

863 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Russian Federation
JohnRosso says

don’t worry, and go back to work.

musiquesynthetique
musiquesynthetique Recent Posts Threads Started
135 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
musiquesynthetique says

don’t worry, and go back to work.

JohnMcNeill of the Russian Federation,

Happy New year! And I will not worry, and I will go back to work.

Cheers.

by
by
by
by
by
by