715 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Belgium
+1 more
Hy-Studio says

Hello,

I’m making a template for WP for a friend of mine. The template isn’t the issue, it’s almost done and he happy :)

The thing now is, he isn’t a wizard of blogging and stuff so he asked me if it was possible to make the admin panel a bit more user friendly, if possible in the same design of the template itself.

So my question is, can this be done, if so, someone know a tutorial or know where to find some docu for this?

Thanks!

264 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in India
hirenbvala says
Hello,

I’m making a template for WP for a friend of mine. The template isn’t the issue, it’s almost done and he happy :)

The thing now is, he isn’t a wizard of blogging and stuff so he asked me if it was possible to make the admin panel a bit more user friendly, if possible in the same design of the template itself.

So my question is, can this be done, if so, someone know a tutorial or know where to find some docu for this?

Thanks!

For this you need to study all the files of wp-admin folder and then you just need to edit css and some code it’s not hard no tutorial for this i think…

Regards:

VJ

444 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
TahaH-Studio says

I think the best to do in this case is to use Flutter & A Role manager plugin. With Flutter u can create Extra admin tabs and Custom fields without getting involved in the code except of embeding them into your template and with the role manager plugin you can hide tabs and options from a spacefic user role.

715 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Belgium
+1 more
Hy-Studio says
Hello,

Thanks!

For this you need to study all the files of wp-admin folder and then you just need to edit css and some code it’s not hard no tutorial for this i think…

Regards:

VJ

Lol, why didn’t I think of this before? D’oh!

by
by
by
by
by
by