2023 posts Review Manager
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

Hi everyone,

This is all great feedback. Here’s clarification on a few questions/comments you’ve had.

• This wasn’t a development team decision and it won’t be something we’ll have the development team working on right away as there are other features that have much higher priority.
  • The eventual goal is further developing consistency in user experience and branding across the marketplaces, which also has a minor impact on the review process (as we’d be the team looking for/at the header bar).
  • The current iFrame header bar doesn’t cut it (an understatement, I know) and we know that. Based on the valuable feedback you’ve all given here I think developing a solid short term solution in addition to a working long term solution will accomplish the majority, if not all, of everyone’s goals.

So, with the goals of consistency in user experience and branding across the marketplaces in mind, I’m interested in hearing more feedback and/or ideas and solutions that also benefits authors.

I can’t say this will be worked on immediately because we’re working hard on many other important things, but it is helpful to get this information as early as possible. And, heck, if it’s a solution I can build myself then I’m more than happy to do it in my spare time. Or maybe it would be a great job for one of you fine ladies or gents! :)

Thanks again for the great feedback everyone!

3233 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
organicbee says

Hi everyone,

This is all great feedback. Here’s clarification on a few questions/comments you’ve had.

• This wasn’t a development team decision and it won’t be something we’ll have the development team working on right away as there are other features that have much higher priority.
  • The eventual goal is further developing consistency in user experience and branding across the marketplaces, which also has a minor impact on the review process (as we’d be the team looking for/at the header bar).
  • The current iFrame header bar doesn’t cut it (an understatement, I know) and we know that. Based on the valuable feedback you’ve all given here I think developing a solid short term solution in addition to a working long term solution will accomplish the majority, if not all, of everyone’s goals.

So, with the goals of consistency in user experience and branding across the marketplaces in mind, I’m interested in hearing more feedback and/or ideas and solutions that also benefits authors.

I can’t say this will be worked on immediately because we’re working hard on many other important things, but it is helpful to get this information as early as possible. And, heck, if it’s a solution I can build myself then I’m more than happy to do it in my spare time. Or maybe it would be a great job for one of you fine ladies or gents! :)

Thanks again for the great feedback everyone!

why not take this http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/introducing-item-switcher/42612 brand it with the themeforest/codecaynon branding and an have authors use it….

+12 more
jremick Envato team says

why not take this http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/introducing-item-switcher/42612 brand it with the themeforest/codecaynon branding and an have authors use it….

That’s an idea (well, very similar) I’m adding to the list to discuss with the team. :)

725 posts WordPress Ninja
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
TylerQuinn says

But are we allowed to break the frame for now or will items be rejected? :)

+12 more
jremick Envato team says

But are we allowed to break the frame for now or will items be rejected? :)

No, items will not yet be rejected so long as they don’t violate any other policies (like linking to competing marketplaces, etc).

2217 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+10 more
crozer says

?

You are implementing something that, if customizable, will equal our current bars; and if not customizable, it will kill our sales.

2059 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
Landonw says

Don’t worry guys – it’s in the pipeline, you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

by
by
by
by
by
by