2 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
howellcg says

Does anyone know a fix to make a theme accept custom post types? A Wordpress theme I purchased from here called “ITIS” is great, but when I place a plugin that requires custom post types it looks really bad and leaves out information on the page.

I am not sure where to start with this problem or what files would need to be edited.

Is there a good resource out there that might help me find a solution to this?

74 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United States
Taaz says

Hello, custom post types vary from theme to theme and if your custom type wasn’t supported in the theme you purchased you may need to hire a programmer to get in there for you. If it’s something as common as a portfolio type afaik you just need to get your taxonomies & labeling set up correctly as they were in your previous theme. Another issue you may run into is thumbnail size & cropping, because each theme has its own thumbnail sizes defined in their functions Wordpress crops each image at the time of upload, if new thumbnail sizes were defined later on you would need to re-upload those images to get the proper dimensions or re-crop them manually.

Check out this guide on post types http://wp.tutsplus.com/tutorials/theme-development/innovative-uses-of-wordpress-post-types-and-taxonomies
2 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
howellcg says

Thank you for your help Taaz! Luckily with the update to the plugin a lot of the issues fixed themselves and your comments helped with the others. Thanks again!

by
by
by
by
by
by