38 posts
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • United States
louispeluso says

i know i sound like a broken record, but this is one of the latest capthca customer torture devices implemented by envato.

http://dvmod.com/envato-insane.jpg

please somebody tell a rational decisionmaker at this company that there are better ways to prevent autobots?

i have gone from spending a substantial amount of money on envato to rare use.

i have ranted on these forums,i was told that it would be “brought up in a meeting”

im one step away from a full blown website/campaign on this subject.

536 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Serbia
Farley_Design says

Should’ve just typed the second word “nhansa” (one readable word is enough to pass) ;) Try it next time :)

38 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
louispeluso says

and im supposed to know this how? after i am already annoyed, not spending and wait for somebody in a forum to tip me off? amazon would be unknown if they depended on this workflow.

i already work hard enough to earn my money. im not interested in working hard to spend it as well. envato needs to fix this. period.

thank u though for what i assume was a good-natured tip.

346 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
andrenavarre says

Hey for what it’s worth I agree with you louispeluso. If anything it should be really easy for you to spend your money here. A lot of things aren’t perfect here for sellers and buyers alike, but you can be sure there are people hard at work doing the best they can to make it better. It’s good to voice your opinion and I really hope this will be improved soon.

36 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Slovenia
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
SpletNet says

I used to get angry with reCAPTCHA too sometimes… :) But once I got to know the other purpose they serve, I actually take time now and try my best to solve them correctly. In short: by solving reCAPTCHAs you’re helping to digitize books. Here’s more: http://www.google.com/recaptcha/learnmore

38 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
louispeluso says

I used to get angry with reCAPTCHA too sometimes… :) But once I got to know the other purpose they serve, I actually take time now and try my best to solve them correctly. In short: by solving reCAPTCHAs you’re helping to digitize books. Here’s more: http://www.google.com/recaptcha/learnmore

cigarette companies do charitable works also but i personally dont give a *

this captcha has ruined more than one happy moment which is not good for the health and i am not REMOTELY interested in whatever nonsense u are talking about.

captcha also doesnt work for the businesses it purports to help. there are MANY articles showing that it doesnt stop a determined spammer which is why it continues to get more insane.

also its bad for business which envato doesnt seem to know here is a link that actually is relevant to the situation. http://www.zurb.com/article/285/its-official-captchas-are-bad-for-busines

capthca saves book! and marlboro saves the whales. give me a break

38 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
louispeluso says

Hey for what it’s worth I agree with you louispeluso. If anything it should be really easy for you to spend your money here. A lot of things aren’t perfect here for sellers and buyers alike, but you can be sure there are people hard at work doing the best they can to make it better. It’s good to voice your opinion and I really hope this will be improved soon.

thank you for ur support. im about to build an advocacy site about this. i will be sure to send u an invite. :)

404 posts Motion Graphics and Scrambled Eggs
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
+1 more
smudgethis says

Is it really that big a deal? Just hit refresh.

38 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
louispeluso says

obviously it is to me. that was my fourth refresh, FYI and i am outraged at the lack of consideration. i cant imagine a disabled person trying to buy graphics, for instance from this place.

i am not the type of customer who will simply go into the night. i have thousands of dollars invested in products here and when i have clients sitting behind me as the THREE of us try to crack increasingly insane codes to get to the things i paid for, it is a little bit of a problem for me.

i cannot believe the attitude of people towards a legitimate customer complaint.

if its not that big a deal to you then move on. i dont have to explain why it is to me. yes? yes.

38 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
louispeluso says

also, smudgethis, i see u are an author here who has made a bit of money. i am a customer here who has spent a bit of money and my concerns should be yours. cause without buyers there ARE no sellers. u sold over 50k and i have bought about three hundred items. think about that before minimizing the concerns of somebody who brings money to the damn table.

by
by
by
by
by
by