5 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market
netshop01 says

Hi, it’s James Martell here. I have purchased two themes from ThemeForest, but still no response to my support ticket [#89433] It’s really unfortunate that more attention isn’t paid to customer service. It seems you’re doing a great job attracting excellent theme designers, but the follow through for customers having a problem seems to be non-existent.

The problem I am having is that I purchased and downloaded a theme using the download manager as instructed, but when I attempt to upload the themes via the WP Dashboard it fails after a lengthy upload.

I have tried using different computers and different WP installation but still with no luck. It goes through the whole upload process but ends at 99%, then 100% and then is says “are you sure you want to do this”, and then gives me the option to try again.

PS – A friend of mine who ordered a theme last week had the very same problem. She was about to request a refund but I told her not to until I see if I can get this sorted out.

Please advise.

James http://jamesmartell.com

31 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
benwebdeveloper says

Support will tell you to contact the author of the theme. There isn’t much the envato support team can do, i think they can do refunds if your not happy with your purchase.

4327 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says

Hi James – I’m really sorry if you’re having issues with a file.

1.- Did you tried uploading using an FTP app?
2.- A lot of users have the same issue because they don’t unzip the main file (I’m not sure if this is your case) – try this: Download the file – Unzip the file – Check what’s inside and tell us so we can see if you aren’t uploading the right file.

1950 posts Do the Needful
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
+10 more
JamiGibbs says

The theme is probably just zipped. Unzip it and upload the theme folder to your website’s /wp-content/themes/ folder via FTP and you’ll be good to go:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Themes

edit: sorry for repeating what the Mod said… Ivor posted just as I was posting too.

3231 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+1 more
organicbee says
Hi James – I’m really sorry if you’re having issues with a file.

1.- Did you tried uploading using an FTP app?
2.- A lot of users have the same issue because they don’t unzip the main file (I’m not sure if this is your case) – try this: Download the file – Unzip the file – Check what’s inside and tell us so we can see if you aren’t uploading the right file.

Another common problem I’ve seen is it a wordpress theme(I know this mite not be the case) but it seems to be a very common issue also

4327 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says
Support will tell you to contact the author of the theme. There isn’t much the envato support team can do, i think they can do refunds if your not happy with your purchase.

@benwebdeveloper – Actually that’s not true :) If you’re having a problem with css, html and / or customizations you have to contact the author, however if the issue is with the file then the support team will fix the issue.

2022 posts Review Manager
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

Hi James,

One thing that may be affecting the response time is that Envato is currently holding a staff meetup in the USA . Much of the staff has had to travel significant distances and may not have had much time yet to get caught up on work. This is the first time this kind of event (that I know of) has been held, so this situation is very rare.

Thanks for your patience and please bear with us during this delay.

1734 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
VisualSharing says
It’s really unfortunate that more attention isn’t paid to customer service.

I hever believed I would see such a post, since Envato support is one of the best and friendliest I’ve seen. As jremick said, this must be only temporary.

As of the theme, Envato support really can’t help you much in your case.

2541 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+9 more
CreatingDrew says

@James – I am very sorry for any delay. As Jarel mentioned, we’re having a first ever and very rare Envato conference at the moment and we’re all a bit swamped. I’ve gone ahead and looked into your ticket and replied. Much of the advice given so far may help you as well :) (In addition, thanks for having the ticket ID handy, that’s a big help to us).

@cmt – Thanks for the nice words, that means a lot! :)

Also, thanks to all of you who pitched in with advice to help a customer, that’s awesome!

-Drew

814 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+3 more
rvision_ says
by
by
by
by