566 posts Code is Poetry
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 9
  • Affiliate Level 4
  • Collector Level 2
+4 more
egemenerd
says

This is a general problem or I have a bad luck with customers :)

548 posts
  • 5 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 1
  • Collector Level 4
  • United States
tonvie
says

LMAO :D Nice one! No you aren’t wrong, it’s the nature of the beast.

Don’t want to generalize but the “picky” people tend to be females in charge of the project…i.e. “move this 1 pixel over, no move it back, no it looked better before” lol

All you can do is try to get better at recognizing these “picky” people before you take their money. I know sometimes it’s hard to turn money down but it’s better than 400+ emails of changes just to have them hand it over to someone else who really makes it look ugly!

Let them dig their own ditch because sometimes, they will call you back and admit they were wrong ;) Just had it happen the other day! Stay hopeful and cautious ;)

7 posts
  • 1 Year of Membership
  • Collector Level 1
syedsami
says

i just faced the same situation last week :(

74 posts
  • Featured Author
  • Elite Author
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Featured Item
+8 more
medium_rare
says

Hence the reason I love TF, if the design is right, people will buy it :)

1642 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Featured Author
  • 6 Years of Membership
  • Author Level 10
+8 more
fuelthemes
says

LMAO :D Nice one! No you aren’t wrong, it’s the nature of the beast.

Don’t want to generalize but the “picky” people tend to be females in charge of the project…i.e. “move this 1 pixel over, no move it back, no it looked better before” lol

All you can do is try to get better at recognizing these “picky” people before you take their money. I know sometimes it’s hard to turn money down but it’s better than 400+ emails of changes just to have them hand it over to someone else who really makes it look ugly!

Let them dig their own ditch because sometimes, they will call you back and admit they were wrong ;) Just had it happen the other day! Stay hopeful and cautious ;)

Yeah, that’s definitely what I do. If I sense that the clients has no knowledge of web design or feel like they ‘re going to cost me unnecessary time, I don’t accept the project.

579 posts Math is easy; design is hard
  • Trendsetter
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 7
  • Most Wanted Winner
+7 more
metrothemes
says

Ha ha ha

94 posts
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Elite Author
  • 5 Years of Membership
+7 more
Thunderbuddies
says

Yeah, that’s definitely what I do. If I sense that the clients has no knowledge of web design or feel like they ‘re going to cost me unnecessary time, I don’t accept the project.

+1

78 posts
  • Author Level 5
  • Beta Tester
  • Collector Level 3
  • Tuts+ Instructor
+4 more
azyrusmax
says

This is great stuff :D

58 posts
  • Mo Bro
  • Collector Level 4
  • 4 Years of Membership
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
JoaquimN
says

Gave me some good laughs for real. :D

595 posts
  • 1 Year of Membership
  • Author Level 2
  • Exclusive Author
  • Ghana
IsaacA
says

This is a general problem or I have a bad luck with customers :)

So funny! But the sad part of it, is that it’s true… It has happened to me before.

by
by
by
by
by
by