7 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
animatrix says

I’ve used flash templates before and often I have to fiddle with the content inside the fla or use dreamweaver to edit the information in the xml file. However I’m new to using a html/css template and I’m wondering what programs do you guys normally use for editing in terms of changing the layout/positioning of contents? Would you also use dreamweaver and what files are you editing? The actual html file? And how easy and flexible is it edit the layout?

1179 posts
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
mabuc says

I used dreamweaver before but I shifted to Notepad++ and now I use Notepad++ for editing HTML and PHP files…

Photoshop for editing and creating templates & graphics..

21 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in United States
Wex says

Flexibility really depends on the template you are editing. If it’s table-less, and CSS -reliant, generally it’s pretty flexible with customizations. You can do your HMTL editing in notepad if you want.

630 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
RobbyDesigns says

You’ll need some knowledge of HTML and CSS to edit a template but I prefer CSE HTML Validator which lets you code, preview and check for W3C validation, it also checks spelllings….uh oh, I sound like a salesman.

960 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
jeffeatworld says

if i had a mac id pick Coda every day of teh week.

Since i don’t, I use Dreamweaver purely because I find it easy to change CSS easily. If it’s plain old editing then Notepad++ because its free and works like a charm.

by
by
by
by
by
by