9 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
damom10 says

Hi guys, I’m posting here as I’m not sure what else to do. I’m trying to set up the wordpress theme Cutting Edge but I can’t seem to import the demo data correctly. Pictures seem to be missing, etc. I’ve tried contacting spyropress support, their live chat, have evan email envato twice, and I have had no response for over a week. So now I’m turning to you guys, pleading for your help please. Mainly I would love to contact spyropress support for their help. Any guidance would be much aprreciated. Thank you

2642 posts Community Team
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+18 more
contrastblack Envato team says

Hey damom10,

If you’ve already contacted the Author via their preferred channel, described here: Item Support details, I recommend giving them a few days to respond. In the meanwhile, in case you haven’t done so yet, do take a moment to carefully read the documentation that is included, because basic setup is usually well covered.

Thank you.

9 posts
damom10 says

HI guys, begging for someone’s help now. I just can’t seem to install this cutting edge theme to make it look like the demo mode. I’ve followed the documentation step by step, even tried other stuff. I have literally cleared my site, reinstalled wordpress and this theme probably about 20 times now, I don’t know what else I can do, so I’m please begging for some help here. I’m not totally computer illiterate, and feel that I should be capable to do this but I am now left helpless. Spyropress suport is an utter joke. I’ve tried live chatting, calling them, I have opened several help tickets but they seem to be on another planet with no response there. Please someone, can they lead me in the right direction here? I’m at the point where I would pay someone to help me set this up as I really need this site up for my hair salon.

BEGGING FOR HELP. PLEASE!!!!

9 posts
damom10 says

guys?? any help at all?

406 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in India
+2 more
drsankarl says

Hi friend,
If you find difficulty, doing the stuff yourself, you can take some freelancer’s help to get the job done.
Try this link
http://studio.envato.com/explore/wordpress

3861 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
  • Nominated Community Superstar of the month
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
charlie4282 says

Link to your site so we can see where you got to?

To make it like the demo is the only issue you are having importing images? My guess would be that given the images in the demo are from shutter stock etc that they do not have the rights to redistribute them and therefore they are probably not included in the demo content

9 posts
damom10 says

really appreciate the help thanks guys. My site is http://www.shinehairdesign.com.au/

As you can see, it’s a bit of a mess. All I did was set it up according to the instructions and imported dummy data via the script. It seems to be fine until I try and import the dummy data. I thought it would be simple to set it up like the demo but I was wrong. I think they have the rights to the images because I was able to get help to set the site up a while ago and it looked exactly like the demo. It’s only when I went to update the site that things went crazy again

9 posts
damom10 says

I think the problem is the images. I recall when I got spyropress support to help they logged into my site via FTP. I’m guessing the support guy probably uploaded the images? Now it looks like the cutting edge theme is discontinued which will surely cause me more problems.

3861 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
  • Nominated Community Superstar of the month
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
charlie4282 says

I suggest emailing them http://themeforest.net/user/SpyroPress to see if it is just temporarily disabled.

As far as your site goes it only looks like the issue is that the images are not there – as I mentioned earlier there is little chance SpyroPress had the rights to distribute those image sin the demo and really should not have logged into to install them at any point either.

My advice would be identify one of the places with missing images in the backend and upload your own image just to see if it works and if so you will know what needs to be done to fix the site – after all surely you do not really just want stock demo image sin your site right?

good luck

9 posts
damom10 says

Thank you Charlie, you are being most helpful! You are correct, I don’t want my site to be just like the demo. I plan to change a lot of the images, such as the employees and the salon. You have given me a great direction to go by in saying to experiment with my own images. I’m not that skilled in the backend part so hoping this process isn’t too hard. I’m a quick learner so I’ll give it a go but any tips you have to guide me would be much appreciated.

Thanks again!

by
by
by
by
by
by