1560 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+4 more
SoundFix says

Well this track was created for Halloween but it completely works as a spooky Christmas track too IMHO , I guess the two ‘genres’ aren’t too dissimilar. The only problem is, it’s called ‘Trick or Treat Halloween Theme,’ so I guess it won’t be included but here it is anyway, let me know what you think :)

http://audiojungle.net/item/trick-or-treat-halloween-theme/2995234
10 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
T-Trider says

Here is my item for your collection: http://audiojungle.net/item/dubstep-jingle-bells/3424385 – it’s dubstep version of Jingle Bells :)

99 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
RainbowWings says

I wonder, if anybody din’t noticed that?

Well…. Dark… Evil Santa… Do you know: “Christmas is an annual commemoration of the birth of Jesus Christ …”

Why it can be dark? Joke or not, my friend, I think it is not good idea with placing “Dark” & “Christmas” words side by side. It is not halloween, bro.

1560 posts
+4 more
SoundFix says

Christmas now is more a tradition rather than celebrating the birth of Jesus (except for Christians obviously), it’s an excuse to see your family, eat and buy loads of presents. I think it’s a great idea, look at ‘The Nightmare Before Christmas’, that worked pretty damn well! In fact, you’ve given me an idea, I might write a track for AJ called ‘Evil Baby Jesus’ haha :D

5776 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+13 more
KingDog Envato team says

Hey guys, I think we’ve strayed a bit off topic :) It wasn’t Adrian intent to hurt any feelings with his initial suggestion, and we would certainly never approve of any tracks that tread on religious beliefs. Thanks!

3221 posts Point. Counterpoint.
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+14 more
ADG3studios Envato team says

Christmas now is more a tradition rather than celebrating the birth of Jesus (except for Christians obviously), it’s an excuse to see your family, eat and buy loads of presents. I think it’s a great idea, look at ‘The Nightmare Before Christmas’, that worked pretty damn well! In fact, you’ve given me an idea, I might write a track for AJ called ‘Evil Baby Jesus’ haha :D

Let’s just chime in here to set the record straight. The review teams wouldn’t approve any item that could distinctly be perceived as sacrilegious toward any given faith. So in that sense, Soundfix, sorry but you’d be asked to select another title, because the symbolic nature of Jesus himself would be the objection, even if the track were stellar. :)

That said, the tradition of Trees with lights, Reindeer with blinking noses, and a big rosy cheeked man in a bright red suit with toys does not hold the same roots in religion, and occupies the area that is open to acceptable hybridization for commercial ends. And even though it’s probably one of the last genres in demand, given the extreme thematic contrast, no actual religious transgression was sensed by suggesting a Sinister Seasonal music collection. For this reason it was deemed acceptable to have those tracks accepted. There was no desecration of any actual religion’s icons, in letter or in kind.

If it really does create enough of a stir, we’re always open to genuine feedback via support. Thanks for your understanding guys. :)

1560 posts
+4 more
SoundFix says

Let’s just chime in here to set the record straight. The review teams wouldn’t approve any item that could distinctly be perceived as sacrilegious toward any given faith. So in that sense, Soundfix, sorry but you’d be asked to select another title, because the symbolic nature of Jesus himself would be the objection, even if the track were stellar. :)

That said, the tradition of Trees with lights, Reindeer with blinking noses, and a big rosy cheeked man in a bright red suit with toys does not hold the same roots in religion, and occupies the area that is open to acceptable hybridization for commercial ends. And even though it’s probably one of the last genres in demand, given the extreme thematic contrast, no actual religious transgression was sensed by suggesting a Sinister Seasonal music collection. For this reason it was deemed acceptable to have those tracks accepted. There was no desecration of any actual religion’s icons, in letter or in kind.

If it really does create enough of a stir, we’re always open to genuine feedback via support. Thanks for your understanding guys. :)

Sorry, I got a little carried away, a track name ‘evil baby Jesus’ really could offend a lot of people :/ I just like the idea of combining christmas with horror/spooky things.

Great explanation though, I totally agree, the commercial side of christmas is quite separate from religion, even if it derived from it.

159 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+3 more
James-Lee-Grey says

oh oh oh…. I have an idea. But guess it can’t be approved becouse there was used vocal part from another work :/
But anyway if you don’t mind: http://soundcloud.com/james-lee-grey/silent-night-demo :)

327 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
TimOstanin says

Ho Ho Ho Thank you, dude :)

341 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
adammonroe says

oh oh oh…. I have an idea. But guess it can’t be approved becouse there was used vocal part from another work :/
But anyway if you don’t mind: http://soundcloud.com/james-lee-grey/silent-night-demo :)

The last half of that is pretty damn cool!

by
by
by
by
by
by