• Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Europe
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
env1ro says

Hi everyone!

Does someone play a great survival mod for Arma 2 – DayZ (www.dayzmod.com) ?

I’ve been playing other shooter games, but this one is just amazing & very different (real simulation shooter!). Huge map, zombies, other players – friends or enemies, must drink/eat to survive, military areas and others… I spend a lot of hours playing it & really recommend it :)

I’ve almost forgot – over 1 million users playing this fresh mod!

Tell your opinions about this game :)

426 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United Kingdom
SimpleSites4U says

I tried

spend the money on steam – spent ages downloading – spent ages installing dayz

as soon as i fired it up I realised my laptop was not gonna be able to handle it so will try again if i ever get a new pc or something

looks great tho!

1092 posts
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • United States
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
lifwanian says

This guys got some funny videos playing it -> http://www.youtube.com/user/birgirpall

221 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
env1ro says

I tried

spend the money on steam – spent ages downloading – spent ages installing dayz

as soon as i fired it up I realised my laptop was not gonna be able to handle it so will try again if i ever get a new pc or something

looks great tho!

Yeah, it requires fast pc, but has a lot of options to improve performance.

This guys got some funny videos playing it -> http://www.youtube.com/user/birgirpall

Good squad & tactical gaming you can find on Sacriel’s channel – http://www.youtube.com/user/sacriel42

3671 posts Community Moderator
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Netherlands
  • Community Moderator
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says

A few of my friends recently picked up playing it and are quite enthousiastic – I imagine it would be a fun game to play with some people you know. Just wondering about the cost; is it free to play, a one-time purchase or a monthly subscription fee?

I’m usually not that into shooters, but this one definitely seems different with all these elaborate survival aspects. :)

110 posts
  • Australia
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
AGSoft says

A few of my friends recently picked up playing it and are quite enthousiastic – I imagine it would be a fun game to play with some people you know. Just wondering about the cost; is it free to play, a one-time purchase or a monthly subscription fee? I’m usually not that into shooters, but this one definitely seems different with all these elaborate survival aspects. :)

One time cost of $30(you have to have the base game, and Operation Arrowhead). Although, a standalone game has recently been announced by the developers so I personally would wait for that to be released unless you have friends who are playing it now(obviously you do, but that doesn’t apply for everyone).

Personally, I picked it up to play with some friends and found Operation Arrowhead more enjoyable than the mod.

scoringaudiogeeks
scoringaudiogeeks Recent Posts Threads Started
591 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Finland
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
scoringaudiogeeks says

Awesome mod for Arma 2 and very addicting but gives a lot inspiration for darker stuff :D

727 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United States
GrizzleFX says

I’m deciding whether or not to buy it, looks very fun though!

1862 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Won a Competition
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
+1 more
FRESHFACE says

DayZ is simply genius, it’s a whole new genre of MMO gaming imo and I really liked it.

I got it (ARMA2) off Steam for around $30 and played it for 10-15 hours total. The problem for me was the steep learning curve which I wouldn’t mind if there were benefits in the end, but the game is still buggy, the engine is not very good and all around there isn’t much to do apart from scavenging, shooting and yelling “friendly” on the direct chat.

So all in all it’s super fun, don’t get me wrong, but I am now rather waiting for a much more polished and hopefully more feature-rich stand-alone DayZ (ARMA3 engine maybe?) which was recently confirmed and for a new competitor http://thewarz.com/ which also looks very promising.

To sum it up, I would call DayZ a proof of concept at this point since it’s just an alpha of the core gameplay. But the gameplay and atmosphere is something you have to try and prepare to be surprised – this is not your usual type of game. Just do your best to overlook the current cons otherwise you won’t enjoy it for what it actually is.

Is it worth $30? Absolutely yes, even though I played for only 10-15 hours, it was very dense and entertaining and was probably the most original game I played in years. But folks with more patience and spare time than me could play it every day.

edit: Another similar type of game to DayZ is http://projectzomboid.com/

221 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
env1ro says

WarZ… umm.. Looks very good, but for me graphics < gameplay. One of the problems in WarZ could be a making of a simulation (like DayZ based on Arma 2). I’ve stopped playing Bad Company 2 / Battlefield 3 to play DayZ. It’s something new. As freshface wrote, you have to try it yourself.

by
by
by
by
by
by