• Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+1 more
MartijndeBont says

I never heard of DayZ before, until I got a request from one of my customers to compose some music for some “movies” that he’s making with DayZ. I still haven’t played it yet (I’m not that much of a gamer anymore) but it does look very cool!

3670 posts Community Moderator
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Netherlands
  • Community Moderator
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says

So all in all it’s super fun, don’t get me wrong, but I am now rather waiting for a much more polished and hopefully more feature-rich stand-alone DayZ (ARMA3 engine maybe?) which was recently confirmed

Just a pity that my 2010 Macbook does seem to be able to fulfill the spec requirements, while it doesn’t seem to match the ARMA3 ones that people currently speculate about.. :P

1860 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
+1 more
FRESHFACE says

WarZ… umm.. Looks very good, but for me graphics < gameplay. One of the problems in WarZ could be a making of a simulation (like DayZ based on Arma 2). I’ve stopped playing Bad Company 2 / Battlefield 3 to play DayZ. It’s something new. As freshface wrote, you have to try it yourself.

WarZ is based on the same engine used in http://www.thewarinc.com/ but they are doing their best to incorporate all the survival and simulation aspects which are obviously missing in War Inc.

They also read DayZ forums regularly to know what people actually want so they are well prepared, the problem is only what the engine can handle and what they can code in time for release.

But yeah, I think it will still look a little cartoony in the end. Won’t match that simulation atmosphere and scenery of Czech Republic in ARMA .

1029 posts Massfocus
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
+3 more
Massfocus says

I’m playing it at the moment, hard not to when your a hardcore gamer and love post apocalyptic types of stories and games :) The user based situation this game creates is one of a kind, never would a game let me hide in one place for more then 10 minutes just because i didn’t want to be seen by other players :P It’s super immersive and exciting, you create a different story for yourself and friends every time you fire up the game. It’s basically a virtual survival game, just try to survive as long as possible and not die. I’d never think it would be something i would play but hey this game has proven me wrong on the subject. It can be fun not achieving things in games and getting points or climbing ranks. This coming from someone that is super competitive.

That Warz looks interesting, definitely will check it out when it arrives.

283 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Belarus
DOGmotion says

Oh, no. DayZ is here, too. I’m starting to think that it’s not a game, but really a zombie infection. ...maybe eventually I’ll stay alone who is not infected… :)

221 posts
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Europe
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
env1ro says

Oh, no. DayZ is here, too. I’m starting to think that it’s not a game, but really a zombie infection. ...maybe eventually I’ll stay alone who is not infected… :)

Hehe, that’s true :)

scoringaudiogeeks
scoringaudiogeeks Recent Posts Threads Started
591 posts
  • Finland
  • Exclusive Author
scoringaudiogeeks says

I never heard of DayZ before, until I got a request from one of my customers to compose some music for some “movies” that he’s making with DayZ. I still haven’t played it yet (I’m not that much of a gamer anymore) but it does look very cool!

Perfect footage for your music for sure! :)

500 posts Epic Trailer Music
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
MartijndeBont says

Perfect footage for your music for sure! :)

:)

scoringaudiogeeks
scoringaudiogeeks Recent Posts Threads Started
591 posts
  • Finland
  • Exclusive Author
scoringaudiogeeks says

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKawiEvK2oY

Nice one Martijn! It was tweeted also by Dayz dev team :)

500 posts Epic Trailer Music
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
MartijndeBont says

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKawiEvK2oY Nice one Martijn! It was tweeted also by Dayz dev team :)

Thanks! Thanks for sharing, I didn’t know it was online already :).

by
by
by
by
by
by