4335 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+14 more
Enabled Moderator says

A very very simple thing I would like to request from you! Before buying a file and then rating the file one star, and destroying sales, at least have the COMMON SENSE of a 4 year old to read the description. If the description leaves out something and you think it has that feature, DO ASK in the comment section and don’t buy it until you are sure. You will just get angry and rate it one star, basically breaking our entire file rating.

With a lot of love * cough cough * Enabled ( and half the authors who probably had the same problem in the past )

548 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
tonvie says

Totally agree. Ask LOTS of questions before you buy a theme, read the description and the item discussion thoroughly. Your theme purchase should not contain too many surprises if you do that ;)

1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Serbia
DubDevs says

Half of the authors?

I think 90% had the same problem :)

On my other account i had about 20 problems about that, is it so hard to read a description?? :(

9 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Egypt
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
blazeeboy says

is it a popular problem that far for sellers ? , i didn’t sell or by any item tell now, but trying to get involved first in the forum, how someone could solve that ? it is a matter of human characteristics

56 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
stacigh says

Perhaps Envato should mandate the reason why someone rates a theme anything below 3 stars… that way if the rating is unjustified authors can have that rating removed?

438 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in United States
christopherjon says

On the flip side, perhaps the description and demo don’t clearly demonstrate what the theme does and doesn’t do.

Instead of complaining about receiving a low rating it might be better to figure out why you received a low rating and how you can improve your description and demo to avoid it in the future.

I checked out the OP’s product page and demo and in my opinion it was a bare minimum effort. There really wasn’t much information provided on what the theme does and doesn’t do. I’m not surprised a customer was confused and/or disappointed.

The more information you provide, the fewer questions and problems you’ll have. It’s your product and it’s your responsibility to make sure your customers are satisfied.

81 posts
sillybarbarian says
christopherjon said
On the flip side, perhaps the description and demo don’t clearly demonstrate what the theme does and doesn’t do.

Instead of complaining about receiving a low rating it might be better to figure out why you received a low rating and how you can improve your description and demo to avoid it in the future.

I checked out the OP’s product page and demo and in my opinion it was a bare minimum effort. There really wasn’t much information provided on what the theme does and doesn’t do. I’m not surprised a customer was confused and/or disappointed.

The more information you provide, the fewer questions and problems you’ll have. It’s your product and it’s your responsibility to make sure your customers are satisfied.

I fully agree with chirstopherjon, I think it’s author’s fail and not sellers. There are a lot of themes with many sales that have a 5 star rating, did you ask yourself why so? It’s because they gave a detailed description of the template and put a lot of effort in the demo. As example I can take the U-Design theme by internq7

+14 more
Enabled Moderator says

Okay, it might be the authors fail in some cases, I must agree if you skip something in the description, it can be a problem.

BUT , and this is a HUGE BUT ! What if the buyer imagines something is there, it’s not, he/she does not ask, buys and rates 1 star?

Sadly, this happened to me. The buyer imagined the product can do something it can’t, as his comment started ” I believed this can…. ” ...

I’m sorry, but, believed? Why not read the description, ask the question, get the answer, don’t buy. Pretty simple!

438 posts
  • Located in United States
christopherjon says
I’m sorry, but, believed? Why not read the description, ask the question, get the answer, don’t buy. Pretty simple!
Simply put, you’re asking for too much.

Never expect a customer to go out of their way. Some will, most wont.

This is going to sound rude, might even offend, but it’s the truth. You have to treat your customers like they are the dumbest people on the planet.

You have to make it very obvious and very clear what your product does and doesn’t do.

You also have to accept that some customers are the dumbest people on the planet.

They will buy a product, when it doesn’t work as expected they will complain about it, even if they are wrong (which is what it sounds like in your case).

This is why putting more into your demo is so important. Dump the lorum ipsum junk and add read content, tutorials, examples etc… answer every question ahead of time.

+14 more
Enabled Moderator says
christopherjon said
Simply put, you’re asking for too much.

Never expect a customer to go out of their way. Some will, most wont.

This is going to sound rude, might even offend, but it’s the truth. You have to treat your customers like they are the dumbest people on the planet.

You have to make it very obvious and very clear what your product does and doesn’t do.

You also have to accept that some customers are the dumbest people on the planet.

They will buy a product, when it doesn’t work as expected they will complain about it, even if they are wrong (which is what it sounds like in your case).

This is why putting more into your demo is so important. Dump the lorum ipsum junk and add read content, tutorials, examples etc… answer every question ahead of time.

Thanks! It didn’t sound rude and it did not offend. I was and probably am still trying to be friendly and helpful with my customers. But maybe it’s time to switch the game! Thanks for the insights! :)

by
by
by
by
by
by