• Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • United States
Flash_Cart says

Howdy,

I’ve been working my butt here since 2007 & I can’t help but be upset after 7 rounds of revisions based on direct feedback from only 1 reviewer that actually gave some constructive feedback the first two times anyway (Siddharth).

My work gets approved like butter (smoothly) on every other marketplace Envato has that I participate in. e.g. ActiveDen, AudioJungle, GraphicRiver, etc.

Can you please provide some better direction for getting the theme approved?

I’ve submitted it to Forrst & people love it! So why do TF’s Reviewers continue to hate on me so bad. Saying things like your design is “grossly understyled” is rude and does not provide a solution to fixing any understyled areas! After seven rejections, I still have not been told what areas are needing fixing that have not already been modified.

lol

Here’s the demo link: WP Marketplace”

2213 posts
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
crozer says

Maybe this helps (sorry, gotta run; but I do hope you can start something): make it smaller. With that I am referring to fonts, bubbles, buttons.

Take care,
Chris

903 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Flash_Cart says

Noted, although will this get it approved? Probably not. I started out with smaller fonts/buttons.

It has been through 7 rounds of revisions already so I am looking for something solid to fix rather than continuing to alter the design and get more rejections.

It just is starting to feel like the reviewers are wasting my time here.

I’m starting to look at Mojo Themes since I can not get this seemingly nice Theme approved here.

It makes no sense though from a business standpoint.

Files cost literally nothing to host and Envato makes money off “every” single sale so why not just approve it rather than lose the business to a competitor who clearly does less traffic at the moment.

?

Bottom line, the theme will sell. Maybe not here though since the reviewers don’t seem to understand the concept behind this design.

Damn shame really.

I’ve got over 300 files, songs and apps for sale here. You would think there would be a little consideration for approving more of my work since I clearly did not start uploading files here yesterday.

349 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • United Kingdom
kops says

hi mate,

With Chris on this one – I had to check the broswer was scaled to 100%. From the attributes in the sidebar to the body text, it needs scaling down from 18/26px.

Another minor thing is the stitching effect around the price doesn’t (for me anyway) marry up well with the 3 blue buttons (purchas/preview/tutorial).

J

903 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Flash_Cart says

Yeah well, it was approved on MojoThemes almost instantly.

It’s sad though because there is so much more traffic here.

Well, on to the next one I guess.

240 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
rarepearldesign says

Not that bad but the fonts are much too large for sure.

2566 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+5 more
ThemeProvince says

The header & footer are instantly recognisable to a theme already on sale here. Its kind of a giveaway when you have the same copy in the footer.

1478 posts The right tools with none of the gimmicks
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
+1 more
PixelBin says

Now everyone knows how low the quality bar is at Mojo Themes if that got approved “instantly.”

My advice is to stick to whatever you were good at. Just because you are a successful author in one marketplace, doesn’t mean you’re going to be equally as successful in another and ThemeForest’s bar is pretty high at the moment.

903 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Flash_Cart says
AlexPascal said
Now everyone knows how low the quality bar is at Mojo Themes if that got approved “instantly.” My advice is to stick to whatever you were good at. Just because you are a successful author in one marketplace, doesn’t mean you’re going to be equally as successful in another and ThemeForest’s bar is pretty high at the moment.

No one gets good at anything without practice.

Additionally, I mimicked the header footer because it appears to be popular which is exactly what the reviewers recommend you do to get your item approved.

Regarding the fonts, I’‘l reduce the size.

I’m not content selling on other sites & believe I can get this theme approved here with the right design. The feedback helps.

4317 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Community Moderator
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Venezuela
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
+9 more
Ivor Reviewer says

Dear Sean,

I understand it can be difficult to get your file approved at ThemeForest but — as you may know — we need to maintain and increase our quality standards in order to offer a high quality and competitive marketplace.

Your theme does look good (I told you so in my previous rejection), however it doesn’t meet the ThemeForest quality standards, is just too simple/plain and featureless.

We try to provide as much feedback as possible but your theme requires too much improvements in terms of design, spacing, typography, visual hierarchy and code quality. With that being said, please be aware that it isn’t a reviewer’s position to tell authors how to design their items.

I’m sorry if you felt offended when one of my team mates told you that your theme was “grossly understyled” I can assure you that it wasn’t with bad intentions. — I hope you continue submitting more files to ThemeForest, feel free to request feedback in the forums or submit a ticket and we’ll help.

As a final note: We don’t hate you :)

All the best,
Ivor.

EDIT : Moved to Item Discussion.

by
by
by
by
by
by