• Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Forum Moderator
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
+9 more
Siddharth Reviewer says

Hey Sean,

I’m sorry you feel that we hate you. Quite the contrary, I assure you.

The reason we keep the approval requirements so stringent is to make sure that the marketplace is competitive and filled with high quality submissions. This also means that files that’d have been approved a year ago won’t quite get approved today.

As I mentioned, in one of my numerous reviews, the issues are fundamental and not something a few tweaks will fix. You’ll need to rethink non-trivial portions of the design. If it were just small fixes, believe me, I’d have pointed it out a long time ago.

And to paraphrase from one of the rejections:

1. The design is very two-faced: http://screencast.com/t/fUFRBcxi The main container is devoid of styling which makes me think you’re going for stark minimalism. And then the sidebar has a number of structurally irrelevant, purely aesthetic design elements which creates a big conflict with in the design. I suggest that you choose a specific design idealogy and go with it since the current version of mixing and matching isn’t working. 2. Lots of areas are grossly understyled: http://screencast.com/t/BXC6TRe801q Please be more consistent with the level of details in the design.
903 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • United States
Flash_Cart says
Ivor said

As a final note: We don’t hate you :)

That’s good to know. lol

Well, I’m working on a more refined version now with smaller more sophisticated buttons and smaller heading fonts.

I also plan on tightening up the padding between the elements.

I’ll submit a better design shortly…

Thanks for understanding and hopefully the new design will get better reviews from staff here.

Regards…

607 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Blog Editor
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Forum Moderator
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
+9 more
Siddharth Reviewer says
Flash_Cart said
...hopefully the new design will get better reviews from staff here.
If you have any doubts, just open a support ticket and we’ll do our best to help you through the process!
903 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • United States
Flash_Cart says
Siddharth said
Flash_Cart said
...hopefully the new design will get better reviews from staff here.
If you have any doubts, just open a support ticket and we’ll do our best to help you through the process!

I tried the support ticket recently & got no response.

Take a look at this version with smaller fonts and buttons & let me know if this is enough to get the theme approved or not please.

Notes: I relocated the Purchase button to right beneath the price so it makes more sense to the buyer. I also reduced the fonts & buttons in the comments area.

New Demo Link

2213 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+4 more
crozer says

Sorry for my tiny reply there. Now I just want to change your mind as to how business really works here.

You say that Envato should accept any and all items because, in the end, they will earn something either way. Well that’s not precisely correct in the long run. If Envato accepts anything, anything gets in, the bar for which ThemeForest is so well-known drops, the prestige, reputation and name of ThemeForest and Envato drops.

Hence, the traffic, the progress and the whole economically positive stream goes to hell. Also, if they would give you ‘special treat’ for being an old-school author, you know what would happen. Give one child a candy and the other one a slap in the head. The latter will ask why he got the slap, and not the candy, etc. etc.

Nothing against you, but I felt you should have those points clear ;)
Take care and good luck with your theme.

PS. Your top & bottom areas looks exactly as Classica. You might want to change that a bit.

by
by
by
by
by
by