197 posts
  • Located in Canada
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
DanyDuchaine says

Hey guys,

For the main options, the XML work well .. no problem with that.

The thing I want to do is to have some default options when user install the theme. I’ve tried exporting the “Theme Options Data” code and inserted it in a text file called “theme-options.txt” and then I’ve inserted that file in the option-tree folder with the theme-options.xml … but it doesn’t work.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

119 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+8 more
valendesigns Envato team says

If you can wait until version 2.0 I’ve added defaults in most of the option types. The new version is coming soon, I’ve been working on nothing but OT for some time now and everything is finally coming together. A stable version should be available in the WP directory within two weeks time. A release candidate is looking like early to mid next week.

If you really need to get it working with the 1.0 branch I would look at the permissions of those files first to see if you can read and execute them. Is the manual import textarea adding the default values or are both import options not working?

15 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
themebakers says

If you can wait until version 2.0 I’ve added defaults in most of the option types. The new version is coming soon, I’ve been working on nothing but OT for some time now and everything is finally coming together. A stable version should be available in the WP directory within two weeks time. A release candidate is looking like early to mid next week. If you really need to get it working with the 1.0 branch I would look at the permissions of those files first to see if you can read and execute them. Is the manual import textarea adding the default values or are both import options not working?

Great news that OT is getting an update. Thank you :)

119 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+8 more
valendesigns Envato team says

@DanyDuchaine It might also be a situation where the settings have previously been set and the import exits. If I remember correctly that type of import might only execute when no previous options have been saved and the option_tree option doesn’t exist yet. Another way to do it would be with layouts, maybe… Sorry it’s been a while since I tested the import functionality. That is on the short list for things yet to do it 2.0 but is being added and will be backwards compatible. Otherwise, I would be a lot more familiar with your question, sorry man!

I’ll come back over the weekend after I’ve worked on the import code and update you on how it works and if I found an answer to your question.

197 posts
  • Located in Canada
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
DanyDuchaine says

Hey, no problem. I’ll wait for an answer :)

3524 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

I’ll crash into this thread to ask @valendesigns something:

Is there anything that we could do in order to update the theme options on a theme update? This is the scenario:

1. I release a theme with 10 options in OptionTree
2. After a while i make an update in which i create 10 more options in OptionTree

Problem: All the previous buyers need to manually import the new theme-options.xml file. Am i right? Could this be passed somehow?

And thanks for your awesome plugin! It does a really great job :)

15 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
themebakers says

@valendesigns

Just sent you a message with features requests for OptionTree. As I couldn’t send you attachment using the contact form on your profile page so following is the screenshot regarding the 2nd feature request:

Screenshot

Right now it is possible to have mean heading in the left sidebar for the Slider Options or even have slider options just below the Slider Visibility option but it will be more logical if we could have the proposed feature i.e. to show/hide additional options based on a choice made.

by
by
by
by
by
by