815 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+3 more
rvision_ says

In my opinion, The real problem is that clients that are happy with your theme – don’t bother rating it, and clients that are unhappy for any reason what so ever, even if it doesn’t have any basis – give you a bad rating.

+1

11 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
  • Has referred 100+ members
+2 more
MTD says

In my opinion, The real problem is that clients that are happy with your theme – don’t bother rating it, and clients that are unhappy for any reason what so ever, even if it doesn’t have any basis – give you a bad rating.

Your glass of water seems to be half empty.

:p

562 posts You Reap What You Saw
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+3 more
Bluz says

Is it? look at this theme http://themeforest.net/item/inspire-business-premium-corporate-wp-theme/137991 It has 70 purchases but 3 ratings which in total give him 3 stars – where oh where are all the rest 67 people?

3468 posts
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
sevenspark Moderator says

Is it? look at this theme http://themeforest.net/item/inspire-business-premium-corporate-wp-theme/137991 It has 70 purchases but 3 ratings which in total give him 3 stars – where oh where are all the rest 67 people?

I think any online product rating system is inherently biased that way. The people most likely to be vocal about their opinions are those that have had the strongest negative experience with a product – regardless whether the source of that negative experience is product error or user error. A simple thumbs up system (only boolean positives – a la Facebook “Like”) or reminding users to rate the products via email (like Amazon does) might alleviate the issue.

Anyway, this has been discussed a variety of times. I believe I remember reading that a rating system overhaul is in the works, so I think we just need to sit tight till the devs come up with a better solution. They’re improving things all the time, but it can’t all be done at once :)

22 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
population2 says

That won’t stop stupid clients from giving you bad rating for no reason, I have a 3 star theme which is not my most beautiful theme but in terms of coding it’s on of the best I made and still it has a 3 star rating, and it’s not because of support because I provide great support for my clients. In my opinion, The real problem is that clients that are happy with your theme – don’t bother rating it, and clients that are unhappy for any reason what so ever, even if it doesn’t have any basis – give you a bad rating.

It’s definitely true. Some buyers even don’t know how to rate your theme.

by
by
by
by
by
by