426 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
SimpleSites4U says

Hey folks

Ill try and be to the pont here. after much frustration by wp theme has been moved from soft to hard reject with a copy and paste response, and now iv had more of a response it appears that the only problem with the theme is it just lacks ‘pop’ in the blog view and footer area and Im totally stuck for what to do.

this is the source of my pain http://www.simplesites4u.com/demos/albus/

iv tried posting in the forums here but advice has dried up it seems http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/folks-i-need-some-input/70299

Im also facing the same problem with a ecommerce theme http://www.simplesites4u.com/demos/azure/ with the report back being the generic ‘sort the visual hierarchy out mate’ but im working on this as I type (got the email 10 mins ago)

Can ANYBODY help me with this? I need a fresh pair of eyes to look over and help me add the polish that is apparently needed for me to finally selling my stuff on TF

426 posts
+2 more
SimpleSites4U says

I should say the azure theme is realllly customisable by the admin panel iv made

its currently on some random settings but has loads of background choices as well as most of the colours can be changed

74 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Panama
solybarr says

Hey, Albus is coming along nicely.. sorry that youre having a hard time..

This is just what I personally see.. dont know if its good or bad advice :(

Theres something going on with the fonts.. How to explain.. It looks like when youre using photoshop and forget to click on smooth anti alias…

A question, what type of Theme is Albus? blogging? business?

I like the Home style 2 option better for the front page.. that sidebar has been troublesome from the beginning..

On the images (for example the blog post page), why not get the band behind the title to stretch the entire image width instead of just covering the title (like in hello world)

Im not sure this helps or not.. Regards, S. PS> COuldnt open the azure theme

332 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
CLINE123 says

The fonts are indeed distracting and makes the site look poorly designed when it’s not. The visuals do need polish and i think you’re on the right track except that you’re only on the first few steps. As a buyer this would not attract me. Can I ask that category are you submitting this theme under?

45 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
rktic says

Regarding the blog category template

I think you’ve choosen a layout that makes it quite tough for content to really pop up.

There is no real visual guide for the reader to determine what to read. The headlines are too small above the images to stand out and the images get a bit lost underneath them.

Plus the “Read more” link is the most prominent element throughout the page. And no matter what kicking images you’ve got there, due to the repitition of the button they just won’t be able to work against it.

Hope that helps a bit.

426 posts
+2 more
SimpleSites4U says

thanks for the input

azure was rejected once more, its mind boggling given some of the last est opencart items are nothing more that a css re skin of the default theme with no options included, but I cant seem to get a break

here is what i mean, my ecommerce theme, show in 3 different styles which have al been done from the options

http://www.simplesites4u.com/demos/azure/ http://www.simplesites4u.com/demos/azure-light/ http://www.simplesites4u.com/demos/azure-dark/

im so close to just ctrl + shift + deleting the all my TF WIP ’s

I think i just need a break, iv been working on them solid every night for last week or two usually from 5pm till 2AM trying to use that days rejection email to refine it further and further – i think if i just stop totally maybe a fresh head after sleep will help me see what i can do

thanks folks

45 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
rktic says

Btw, my last input was referenced to your Albus theme. Just took a look at Azure.

May i? :)

My first overall impression is quite good. Imho, there are some minor things to tweak to be done here.

Lobster is a dope font, i love it. But it’s not a good choice for a shop cause it doesn’t communicate as clear enough as necessary. At least for the navigation and maybe the product names i’d go for something less fancy.

Generally speaking, imho the typography is a tad small – shops should be as barrier-free as possible. The “login / create account” part up there is at the edge of legibility.

The 5 columns product teaser is a bit tricky due to the inconsistent alignment. I’m sure there are a number of options to make this easier – also tricky, the black cart button is the outstanding element in the box.

The single product page

I find the doubling of nav background and product name background a bit unhappy, the product one somewhat kills the overall balance. Furthermore the dashed lines in the description don’t really support the information structure. Tried a subtle 1px line like below already?

Last not least a color thing: the actual information (Brand: Apple) is a mid grey while the less important part Brand is displayed in black. There’s no chance for highlighting the price anymore, except going for a deep red tone. But what if you’ve got a reduced price?

Think you should rebalance the colors according to information importance there.

Apart from that you shouldn’t drop your work at all. Take a fresh start tomorrow or next week and you’ll get your head around the things that don’t work yet!

426 posts
+2 more
SimpleSites4U says

Hiya – since posting iv redone most of azure – ill upload so you can see

sincerly, thanks for taking the time to comment. at the time of posting i was on a downer and after a few solid hours of tweating and making some big changes its look sweet

and yes, fonts and heading have all be address, id love to know if you like the improvement

426 posts
+2 more
SimpleSites4U says

todays effot has eccumlated in this http://www.simplesites4u.com/demos/azure/

any thoughts welcome

265 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
eLION says

Hi,

Let me take a crack at it ;)

When first opening the site, I liked it and then I started to read and my eyes got all cookoo! The font isn’t really clear to me and looks somewhat blurry. It probably just needs sharpened.

Center your top menu items. The left alignment really throws things off for me.

Your placeholders even need to be top notch quality. The camera in the featured slider is blurry and stretched. It need to be crisp.

Overall, the content area is what really needs improvement for me but the header and footer are great. The footer font is much more clear than in the top menu bar.

Your logo is jagged, it needs to be cleaned up.

The borders on your slider don’t look right. Also since your jean look is more flat, maybe you should consider not using a linear gradient, or make it more subtle.

I would like to see the product thumbnails more polished instead of just tall white boxes.

I would like to see the company icon bar fit better with the content page background and maybe grayed out with a light gray, or transparency.

Pros:

I love all the backgrounds, header, footer, search bar, currency buttons and everything else except for the content area :)

Work on the content area and the logo and you should be good to go

I hope this helps

Are you a designer or more of a coder?

by
by
by
by
by
by