1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
bkrull says

I’ve been asked to update, redesign and maintain a website for a political campaign: http://www.randyformayor.com. (I don’t know how to use Pastie or Textile yet) I need advice and counsel.

I am very new to this. My expertise is content and graphic design, not web design but I am learning. I’ve found several ThemeForest templates I like but would someone please recommend a good one for a campaign. We would like for people be able to:

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter (Constant Contact) Make campaign contributions Link to the Facebook page And probably a lot of other things I haven’t thought of yet.

I have Adobe CS 3 (Mac with Leopard) )with Contribute 4 and Eric Meyers’ CSS Sculptor. I also use WordPress for an associated blog. I’m having trouble modifying WP to get the look I want.

Thanks so much for your help Bill Krull

38 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
Westernkings says

Why would they ask someone with no experience in webdesign to redesign their political website?

70 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
kiziel says

How do u know he has no expierience?

39 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
+2 more
simonk says
Why would they ask someone with no experience in webdesign to redesign their political website?

Isn’t that the whole point of ThemeForest, so that someone with very little web design experience can still have a good looking website? Campaigns are run on volunteers.

For which template to actual use, thats hard to tell.

Also at graphicriver there is a nice campaign button http://graphicriver.net/item/campaign-button-grunge-background/31456

38 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
Westernkings says

Isn’t that the whole point of ThemeForest, so that someone with very little web design experience can still have a good looking website? Campaigns are run on volunteers.

For which template to actual use, thats hard to tell.

Also at graphicriver there is a nice campaign button http://graphicriver.net/item/campaign-button-grunge-background/31456

My comment wasn’t critiquing his lack of experience or anything else, it was simply saying, why would a political campaign hire someone without the knowledge.

@OP

I am sure you could purchase a WP theme from here and then Message the author, most here are decent enough people to make changes (small changes and occasionally big) if you ask nicely enough. Try messaging a few WP authors of the themes you like the look of.

by
by
by
by
by
by