faevilangel_designs
faevilangel_designs Recent Posts Threads Started
83 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in United Kingdom
faevilangel_designs says

I am not a designer but I have built a design that fits in with my code. I have used 2 lots of jquery and other stuff.

Could you great guys, advise how I could improve it. I have done the typography, line heights etc but to me it’s still missing something.

I’m still messing with the colours a bit, but it’s the layout I think I need to work on.

thanks guys

73 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
illusionem says

I think you should post a snapshot to get views… without it no one can help you much….

faevilangel_designs
83 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in United Kingdom
faevilangel_designs says

I thought I put a link, but musta forgot hahaha

http://garethgillman.co.uk/themeforest/Magnesia/

1869 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
FRESHFACE says

Try using Arial instead of Helvetica for body text. It’s very similar and for people like me who have clear-type turned off, it’s quite ugly to read. And maybe adding some images etc…

73 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
illusionem says

You need a lot of work there… there is 0% design ,only basic CSS and HTML , I dont mean to discourage but try looking at other examples in the marketplace you will get the point :).

1148 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
fillerspace says
I am not a designer but I have built a design that fits in with my code.

Are you hoping to submit a theme to Themeforest? Or is this just for a personal project?

One thing that needs to be fixed is the white text on a very light blue background (“My Portfolio Page This is my portfolio page…). I didn’t even notice it until I accidentally selected the text.

Plus you need some more style to keep the visitor interested. Use some images, gradients, borders, rounded corners, something! Otherwise I might as well be looking at the code!

76 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
duane_ashworth says

You also need to look into the size of the site as well , it’s over the 960px threshold for 1024×768 res.

I’d also look at your spacing , generally it feel too restrictive and huddled together , the menu needs to be more prominent and you need to dedicate some decent space to the logo area.

I’d also tone down the rss, facebook and twitter links, way too big and misplaced.

if your going to have 3 coloumns then make sure they appear the same height , it looks ragged and needs to be cleaned up.

it needs more personaility and feel , as fillerspace said it pretty much just looks like the bare code with some colors added.

faevilangel_designs
83 posts
faevilangel_designs says

Took all your points on, and had a play with Fireworks

http://yfrog.com/7esitetp

I think it looks much better but it’s still missing somethig? any comments

cheers

62 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
Kayara says

Hi, I thinnk it looks like a free template, don’t take it bad but maybe you should have a look to some showcases or galleries. Good luck!

by
by
by
by
by
by