• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
Bedros says

Talking about trends, WTF is happening lately with those long flat shadows? I must be a horrible designer, cos i can’t change my style each year which each new trend that comes up. And i’m not being false modest.

:)

85 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
aligatorstudio says

I sincerely hope that iOS7 design won’t affect the trends … as I think that it’s awful (updated iPad yesterday) ... OMG … that light green to rose gradients … indigo blue font on white bck …

About flat shadow, it’s here for a while and it will be … some (bad) designers will misuse it, and some (good) designers will use it when it seems fit, no matter what the trends are …

And, yeah, minimalist design brought attention to white space, and now good design “has air” ... Nevertheless, some authors are getting back to “squish as many things in available space as they can, just to show off” ... ;)

68 posts Vibe
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
VibeThemes says

Unfortunately, the way the items are approved here at Envato, I can guarantee that “Classic” designs would not be approved, unless you are an Elite author. I am really & totally disappointed with the review system here, its not about how finished your product is or how much it can sell. Its all about what reviewer thinks of your product !

317 posts
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Romania
QBKL says

A.I can guarantee that “Classic” designs would not be approved, unless you are an Elite author. [...] B. Its all about what reviewer thinks of your product !

A. You couldn’t be more wrong, and you only need to look even now at the homepage and you’ll see enough non-flat items. Also, it really matters what your view on classic is. Cause some consider 4-years ago design a classic. With a reference to the music industry, there’s a difference between oldies and ever-greens. The later being “timeless-design”.

B. That’s the whole point of having a review team after all! Ass in the human factor and of course sometimes items that you believe are awesome might not appear so to a reviewer. I’m yet to see someone in the forums complaining of a hard-reject on a really bloody awesome item. Every hard-reject I’ve seen was far from the visual quality it would need, or despite the visual aspect, its code structure was simply bad. Or the other way around.

All in all, you make a pretty much invalid point, particularly since your best selling item is not that old and not that “trendy” either and it still brought you more than 30% of your earnings… It got approved, it sold and continues to sell.

by
by
by
by
by
by