136 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Raspo says

I was checking my google analytics to see how many times people visited a HTML template I recently coded

I found out that there were a lot of visits from google with unusual keyword like “kalasha awards”.

I was like “OMG, I put the analytic tracking code in the download version of the template! How can I be so stupid!?”

Actually, no!

They just stole the code from the live preview and didn’t remove the tracking code.

But it’s not over yet, look what I found in their source code:

<!-- Mirrored from [ link removed ] by HTTrack Website Copier/3.x [XR&CO'2010], Fri, 27 Aug 2010 20:01:13 GMT -->

This is funny indeed :)

BTW what would you do? I don’t know, because their contact form won’t work for sure (it needs the php file they are missing). :p

1799 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
BroOf says

Contact the host and send them a copyright violation ticket with your informations.

590 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
CodeSwift says
I was checking my google analytics to see how many times people visited a HTML template I recently coded

I found out that there were a lot of visits from google with unusual keyword like “kalasha awards”.

I was like “OMG, I put the analytic tracking code in the download version of the template! How can I be so stupid!?”

Actually, no!

They just stole the code from the live preview and didn’t remove the tracking code.

But it’s not over yet, look what I found in their source code:

<!-- Mirrored from [ link removed ] by HTTrack Website Copier/3.x [XR&CO'2010], Fri, 27 Aug 2010 20:01:13 GMT -->

This is funny indeed :)

BTW what would you do? I don’t know, because their contact form won’t work for sure (it needs the php file they are missing). :p

I think i know what website you mean. Just had a site where the contactpage was nog working either. Try to send the mail to: abuse@DOMAIN.com, admin@DOMAIN.com, info@DOMAIN.com etc… most of the time that will work :-)

1045 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+10 more
Parallelus says

I’ve used “who is” lookups to get the domain owner contact details before so I could send DCMA copyright notices to them.

In one situation the person responded that they had a license, and they in fact did. But before purchasing, they copied it illegally and set it up on their own server. I guess they gave up trying to reconstruct it because they later bought the license to both my WP and HTML version :)

The second time I did this the person responded within the hour that the site had been taken down (the owner took his own site down). It was interesting too because they were using the design for their own CMS and had obviously taken many hours to integrate the two. It was setup to release as a redesign of their current site. When I contact them, rather than just buying the $17 license to keep using the site, they just removed it? So they wasted countless hours on a redesign instead of spending $17. I don’t understand that thinking.

298 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
campuscodi says

If I were you I’ld let them use it but send them an email explaining how stupid they are. Telling people how stupid they are always makes me feel better. :evil: :silly:

1182 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
campolar says
If I were you I’ld let them use it but send them an email explaining how stupid they are. Telling people how stupid they are always makes me feel better. :evil: :silly:

+1 But i would also add the point to be honest to yourself and stop using the design :P

by
by
by
by
by
by