3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
erengoksel says

Hi everyone!

For a designer, creating wordpress themes could be a confusing thing. On the other hand for professional web programmers, design can be a mystery. But a good Wordpress theme should have both good design and solid programming. This also apply for all kind of interactive design.

Obviously tehere are many here doing both parts very well :)

I also see that some programmers are looking for designers, and some designers are looking for programmers here in the Forest and this means a partnership. And ofcourse this partnership is going to be based on mutual trust.

I don’t know if there are such partners in Theme Forest but do you think there might be a way of automatically splitting the earnings of a specific item between a designer and a coder? What do u think?

1708 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
dnp_theme says

You can do this, of course, just find the one to convince you are the one for his partnership and go ahead.

On the long term you have to get ready to do both design and coding.

Good luck :)

1797 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

Automatically no, that’s not possible, one of them must post the theme under his account and send the payment to his partner :)

751 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
+1 more
CyberShot says

it is possible. I have worked with 2 designers on this site. one trusted me to run things and the other i trusted and still am. I still get money from this designer today. It can be done.

3575 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

Bravo Cristi for being the only one who read the post until it’s end! :D

3 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
erengoksel says

Hey, thanks for the replies. I know that there are authors working together. And ofcourse trusting people is one of my default settings :) But when you put an item in the market, it becomes a life-long contract and also it is difficult to manage.

I think there might be a way for Envato to seal this contract, and AUTOmatically split the earnings between two authors.

I’m talking about a two-authored item. And i just wondered do you have any ideas for optimizing this thought.

Thanks.

3750 posts
  • Located in Spain
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+9 more
pezflash says

I think there might be a way for Envato to seal this contract, and AUTOmatically split the earnings between two authors.

It has been requested many times in the past. I hope Envato could give someday a solution for this, as this is a very common practise lately, mostly on TF. But don’t think is something with priority on his schedule. Not sure.

Meanwhile, as in any other partnership, “trust” is the core word.

244 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
dmsumon says

Hi everyone!

For a designer, creating wordpress themes could be a confusing thing. On the other hand for professional web programmers, design can be a mystery. But a good Wordpress theme should have both good design and solid programming. This also apply for all kind of interactive design.

Obviously tehere are many here doing both parts very well :)

I also see that some programmers are looking for designers, and some designers are looking for programmers here in the Forest and this means a partnership. And ofcourse this partnership is going to be based on mutual trust.

I don’t know if there are such partners in Theme Forest but do you think there might be a way of automatically splitting the earnings of a specific item between a designer and a coder? What do u think?
Ya it is a good idea. If Envato implement it in Themeforest then it will be really a awesome feature
496 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
pixelentity says

It has been requested many times in the past. I hope Envato could give someday a solution for this, as this is a very common practise lately, mostly on TF. But don’t think is something with priority on his schedule. Not sure.
yeah, we’re not holding breath.

right now the most viable solution to split earnings is to use payoneer card-to-card transfer: immediate and free (5k per month limit).

However, one author still get all the money first and then manually transfers partner share so team mates really need to trust each other before anything else.

BF

by
by
by
by
by
by