6 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • United States
propmachine says

I’m primarily an art director/designer looking to break into the game. Looking for a coder/developer to work with who can translate my vision into compelling and functional wordpress/CSS compliant themes

If anyone wants to go 50/50 that would be great.

My strength obviously is on the visual/design/gui end. Need someone who is a code brain to complete the team.

thanks

688 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Uruguay
_rg_ says

Could you please show us some of your designs?

Also, and to be honest if i will share a job like this, and you do the design and i do all the rest… well 50-50 is not a deal. Just my opinion, i do both sides, design and develope, and is much, but much more, to develope than design.

Don´t take me wrong :), it´s something real, and not means that the design part is “less” than code part, but takes much more time, neurons and coffe!

105 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bulgaria
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
DodoWeb says

I must generally agree with rg, but for me it depends of kind of the project.

For CSS /xHTML 50-50 is just fine.

For WordPress Theme 60-40 will be the better deal as functional part is probably more important (excluding the cases when u have really unique catching design).

If interested – u can contact me via my profile page.

6 posts
  • United States
propmachine says

Our main goal is to find CSS /Jquery/PHP experts to collaborate with, even if it is simple hourly PSD to WP work. I am primarily looking for someone to help me with client work and our network of sites, but intend on designing a few themes in the near future.

Figured it would be good for my business if we launched a few exciting and original themes. I hear you on the “work” aspect of coding themes. I will try to figure out if it’s better for me to pay developers by the hour.

2952 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
DDStudios says
Could you please show us some of your designs?

Also, and to be honest if i will share a job like this, and you do the design and i do all the rest… well 50-50 is not a deal. Just my opinion, i do both sides, design and develope, and is much, but much more, to develope than design.

Don´t take me wrong :), it´s something real, and not means that the design part is “less” than code part, but takes much more time, neurons and coffe!

I do not agree with you.

Anybody can learn to code, not everybody can design.

I’m paid a LOT more when I design something than when I code something when I do client work ..

And when I used to make my theme coded by someone .. I was making 10x more cash for the theme than it cost me for the conversion .. so design = 10x more profitable than coding for me but I wanted to do my own stuff so this is why I learn coding :)

1734 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
VisualSharing says

I also think 50/50 is the best for HTML .

You can be the best coder in the world, but if the design is crappy, nobody will ever look at the theme at all. And if you do the design+coding and the other guy is doing the WP – still 50/50.

@DDStudios: Some people never learn. :P

6 posts
  • United States
propmachine says

Thanks for the replies and clarifications. I firmly agree that a good idea and design are easily worth just as much as good code. After all, the person doing the code is just fulfilling the IDEA presented by someone else. They have been given a template by someone who has a vision and is making that as clear as possible through photoshop and design notes.

I am learning to code themes, but it’s slow going as my background is not originally in programming. I try, but I feel the best work should be left to the professionals. I do what I do best, and you do what you do best.

2952 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
DDStudios says
Thanks for the replies and clarifications. I firmly agree that a good idea and design are easily worth just as much as good code. After all, the person doing the code is just fulfilling the IDEA presented by someone else. They have been given a template by someone who has a vision and is making that as clear as possible through photoshop and design notes. I am learning to code themes, but it’s slow going as my background is not originally in programming. I try, but I feel the best work should be left to the professionals. I do what I do best, and you do what you do best.

I was thinking the same but I changed my mind. IF you have design skills, you definitly should learn how to code, it’s pretty easy and straight forward. Once you code 10-12 site, it’s always the same over and over again and in WP there’s a LOT of stuff you can reuse everytime ..

And you will learn that its REALLY hard to team up with someone that will make your ideas come true 100% the way you want :)

Can you show us some of your stuff?

3007 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+2 more
duotive says

many of the themes here dont really have much of a design so they can be suited for many usses and not be personal. about the learn your self stuff… u have a lot of work if you wanna start on that. trust me: first of all a theme is not a website for a particular client… it has more flexibility. i can make psd to joomla for a perticular client in 6 hours of work. magento for a particular client in one week with 6 hours per day ( fully customised ) but im workin on dev of a theme for a month an half now in my spare time so its a lot of work. and ddstudios if the theme needs work with the db and the man dosent know html its not that much fun…:))

84 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
nathrat says
Anybody can learn to code, not everybody can design.

Actually, I think anybody can learn to design as well. Isn’t that why there are so many design blogs out there, so people can learn best practices, and how to become a better designer.

Design is just like coding, the more you work at it, the better you will become.

by
by
by
by
by
by