47 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
kamiyeye says

I was thinking the same but I changed my mind. IF you have design skills, you definitly should learn how to code, it’s pretty easy and straight forward. Once you code 10-12 site, it’s always the same over and over again and in WP there’s a LOT of stuff you can reuse everytime ..

And you will learn that its REALLY hard to team up with someone that will make your ideas come true 100% the way you want :)

Can you show us some of your stuff?

High class developers in themeforest is very, very few, one reason is advanced and solid coding skill is not required for wp theme development, i saw many many wp themes don’t care about performance, security and request process at all, variables/actions/filters often claimed double even three times in one request, a same database query was made twice or more when there are widgets, one record one option no matter how many of them there are. But it’s fine, the only needs is working and they do.

another reason is most high class developers have their position in a big company, where they grew, working with other high quality people, research new technology. They are highly regarded and never affected by any economic depression. The only possibility such a person will go to freelance would be something changed HIS mind.

Do everything yourself is not bad when you have not such an awesome partner, but professional + professional is however the best solution, focus and saving time, as long as you can find one, good luck, :)

960 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
jeffeatworld says

interesting reading this but the question was if anyone wanted to collaborative – and they have yet to provide any samples?

2952 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
DDStudios says

I (Guilherme) recently teamed up with another talented designer. We will be doing exactly what you proposed here, 50% for me 50% for him. He will be designing templates and if I approve and decide to code we split the earnings. This stays however for HTML templates only. Once I code it to WP I get 65%.

This also includes that I will be providing support and not him. So, if you take on his side, It’s an advantage.If you try to sell a PSD template here, as much awesome as it can be, you will never make as much money as selling it as an HTML template or better yet as a WP theme. Apart form that you will not have to offer support. So for all of you that think that this is not worth, I say otherwise.

Send me an email through my profile page with some of your works and maybe, just maybe we can work something out.

415 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
osigrandi says

I was thinking the same but I changed my mind. IF you have design skills, you definitly should learn how to code, it’s pretty easy and straight forward. Once you code 10-12 site, it’s always the same over and over again and in WP there’s a LOT of stuff you can reuse everytime ..

And you will learn that its REALLY hard to team up with someone that will make your ideas come true 100% the way you want :)

Can you show us some of your stuff?

High class developers in themeforest is very, very few, one reason is advanced and solid coding skill is not required for wp theme development, i saw many many wp themes don’t care about performance, security and request process at all, variables/actions/filters often claimed double even three times in one request, a same database query was made twice or more when there are widgets, one record one option no matter how many of them there are. But it’s fine, the only needs is working and they do.

another reason is most high class developers have their position in a big company, where they grew, working with other high quality people, research new technology. They are highly regarded and never affected by any economic depression. The only possibility such a person will go to freelance would be something changed HIS mind.

Do everything yourself is not bad when you have not such an awesome partner, but professional + professional is however the best solution, focus and saving time, as long as you can find one, good luck, :)

Whoow, easy there with the glorification of ‘high class developers in big companies’.Many of the programmers that go work for someone else do it because they wouldn’t be able to make it by themselves. Some of the very best end up quitting one day and start doing consulting work or similar because it allows them to earn more.

Some of the authors here earn more per month than a Siemens engineer/programmer earns in their automotive department and they do much more complex work, as comparison.

Plus, no one said TF authors are all unemployed. But the point is that most of the high sellers here that work alone probably have no interest in sharing their revenue by partnering with someone else unless they can bring major skills to the table.

by
by
by
by
by
by