61 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
_jd says

Hi,

I have a dutch classifieds listings site and although i get a large amount of visitors (around 600 unique a weekend and around 100 on weekdays) they dont stay.

They come they browse the categories a bit and they leave.

So the site needs layoutbased improvements.

1. A login/register box with 2 buttons, 1.login and 2. register, if the visitor click the login box i want the login form to appear within the login box without refresh (so jquery of javascript probably) and the register button just to the register form.

2. a simple news headline rotator

3. The classifieds site usses smarty, and i want to replace the existing contact field to the contact form to the form which sents the email inpage with no refresh or whatever.

Other improvements are also very much welcome, my website: http://www.damiun.nl/

Dominick (p.s. i dont know why but my profile page doesnt have a contact form, but you can contact me : jadove@live.nl)

73 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
illusionem says

replied… pls check your mail :)

193 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Roeven says

Nice initiative! :)

Just a little feedback from me (maybe not what you were looking for, but I’m going to give it anyway):

The site design isn’t very appealing, spacing isn’t consistent and the color scheme could be better. I would also make the typography more consistent. 1 color for type, one font etc. Now what you have is black text on “Hoe werkt Damiun.nl” (How does Damiun.nl work), and grey text on other headings. Also the image rotator at the top seems rather random, shove it down to the bottom of the site, or clarify what it is/means.

I wish you the best in finding someone who can meet your wishes,
Daniel

61 posts
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
_jd says

@abhin2cool

I replied to your email.

@Roeven Thanks for your reply. I certainly wasnt the best thing to hear at this moment (i appreciate it thought) (It was quite a big investment with no visitors staying etc. etc. so i am currently almost burned out).

Update

Quote’s for an entire site redesigning including following pages: - Home page incl loginbox (see above) - Classifieds listing details page incl. contactform with no refresh - Account page with information about that user and a small menu (place ad, history, order history etc)

Dominick

193 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Roeven says
I certainly wasnt the best thing to hear at this moment (i appreciate it thought) (It was quite a big investment with no visitors staying etc. etc. so i am currently almost burned out).

There’s no need to feel disappointed, those are all things that are easily fixable. Fonts can be changed easily as well as spacing. Colors can be tricky, but it’s not going to cost a fortune to fix those things. If you have a little experience in HTML /CSS then you should even be able to fix it on your own. :)
Good luck
-Daniel
by
by
by
by
by
by