95 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
Deriggs007 says

Can .PSD rejections make it in Joomla/Wordpress templates without being redesigned?

I’m very good on the programming side which I feel will bring out more potential then just a .psd

For example, say if the design is lacking a few elements that TF wants but the integration side has a bunch of good bonus’s to fit the theme, could that offer enough brownie points to be accepted?

I’ve been working on a gaming theme because TF doesn’t have very many for one and 2. they’re not that great compared to a lot of other themes on here and 3. The usability of them for gaming communities outside of if they’re a review site is almost non existent. I’m wanting to submit a theme with the .PSD, Valid HTML5 /CSS3 and full integration of Joomla.

The integration of joomla just doesn’t end with that. I’m talking full integration of included extensions as well and skinned forums. I’m hoping that even though the design might be lacking a bit, the level of detail on the backend makes up for it all.

Here’s the design aspect. http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/8673/ultimateclangamer.jpg

From feedback already, I’m getting that the theme is ‘outdated’ which I can sorta agree with, but all my past clients all want the same type of layout for the index page. The back end (code side of things) is where all the features/theme comes to life

Thoughts?

95 posts
+1 more
Deriggs007 says

Anyone

95 posts
+1 more
Deriggs007 says

ANyone???

3007 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
duotive says

For my eyes it looks old design wise, so i do not see it as getting accepted as a CMS template.

95 posts
+1 more
Deriggs007 says

It’s hard to do gaming themes for clans then, that’s just the layout they all want. Sucks themeforest doesnt’ see it that way.

308 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
brainbuzzmedia says

It looks too much like a forum from 2005. Try taking a look at sites like ign or gamespot for gaming looks.

95 posts
+1 more
Deriggs007 says

Those are review sites—I’m not doing a review site, I’m doing a clan one.

You won’t find but maybe 2-3 clan ones that don’t look similar to the one I’ve done.

I agree, if it’s a news/review site for sure

741 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Orbital_Themes says

While it’s true that most gaming clan sites/fan sites look like this, it is because the people behind them don’t know any better. They want it because they think it’s the best there is, but it’s not. Your design looks really dated, like from 8-10 years ago. There are too many unnecessary elements – like thousand gradients, shadows and whatnot. It just seems that you have focused so much on adding those elements that shouldn’t be there that you forgot about what’s important.

225 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Palestinian Territory
+5 more
YousefShanti says

Tip: Use anti-alias font

3007 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
duotive says

I can assure you 100% that a rip-off will never ever ever get accepted. Here is your design – http://web.cndesign.com/works/detail_2550.html – from 2010 – the 3rd image.

by
by
by
by
by
by