Another one? When will people learn?

95 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
Deriggs007 says

I can assure you 100% that a rip-off will never ever ever get accepted. Here is your design – http://web.cndesign.com/works/detail_2550.html – from 2010 – the 3rd image.

I can assure you 100% that it’s not a rip-off and it’s my design – Yes, you’re correct it is old. I never said it wasn’t—It was a project worked on back in 09-10 but the project never really took off. Mostly because I’m active duty military and I’ve been deployed 3x since then. The time home I’ve spent with family and friends.

Since it was a dead project, thought I would try to sell it to recoup money spent on it.

So please edit your post and quit spouting bull $*8t out of your arse.

@Cara—People will learn when people quit false accusing them of stuff they haven’t done.

95 posts
+1 more
Deriggs007 says

Since now I have to defend myself.

Here’s proof—

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/7614/proof2n.jpg

And here was something else I worked on after the project.

http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/9172/proof1jc.jpg

A nice little donation page—You can even see that one live at http://www.cerebralgamers.com/donate

284 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
Shellbot says

It’s hard to do gaming themes for clans then, that’s just the layout they all want. Sucks themeforest doesnt’ see it that way.

Like I said in your other thread this isn’t about the layout, it’s about the design style. I do hope you try giving it a more modern whirl because I’d love to see some more gaming themes on here myself :)

407 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
PaddyTaylor says

First off I am not interested in the last few comments.

Getting back to the point I doubt v much if the psd is rejected that it will get through as any other format even with endless features. Judging by the dated design (irrelevant if if that is right for the industry) I am just not sure it is right for here and i imagine it was the visual that prevented the psd approval.

On another note – that link u posted with the donate page looks like an extension of a site which uses the design therefore either it is not yours to sell or it is your design (again not interested in getting into it). As an “exclusive author” I believe that you could not sell an existing design featured, owned or used elsewhere anyhow even in a different language or CMS , so it makes little difference.

Hope that helps

407 posts
  • Located in Europe
PaddyTaylor says

Sorry double post

95 posts
+1 more
Deriggs007 says

First off I am not interested in the last few comments.

Getting back to the point I doubt v much if the psd is rejected that it will get through as any other format even with endless features. Judging by the dated design (irrelevant if if that is right for the industry) I am just not sure it is right for here and i imagine it was the visual that prevented the psd approval.

On another note – that link u posted with the donate page looks like an extension of a site which uses the design therefore either it is not yours to sell or it is your design (again not interested in getting into it). As an “exclusive author” I believe that you could not sell an existing design featured, owned or used elsewhere anyhow even in a different language or CMS , so it makes little difference.

Hope that helps

The link it goes back to was what I was working on. I initially designed this theme to be used with vBulletin 4.0. That was going to be the CMS used—Hence why the design looks more for a forum board (because it was aimed for that) vBulletin is known for its mods/extensions. Initially, that was the game plan, integrate a bunch of neat mods and use it to extend functionality of the theme.

Because it was something I never really used, I really just wanted to sell it. I was going to integrate it into vBulletin, Joomla, Wordpress and sell the HTML5 /CSS3 and sell the .PSD all on themeforest.

The link to the site is just my little website I made recently to get this done and change the name. The name I used to have was www.alteredgamers.com before I deployed so many times. It expired, used by someone else now.

However, vBulletin decides to release I think i counted 9 updates that broke any designs made. I scrapped using vBulletin. I only use the live theme (of vBulletin) to show progress of the integration. All those posts was just data backed up from old site and the fact that vBulletin (atleast that version) is plagued by spammers so it looks like it’s being used but it isn’t.

I understand what everyone is saying, I will redesign one that I hope will make it. I’m just a big fan of using those gradients or adding detail to the site, I’m a big detail freak. I just see so many themes on here with 0 detail. A lot of them wouldn’t even take long to design/code/integrate. But I only did this for a hobby, not a job. Again, I’m military, I spend enough time away as it is…. lol

Thanks for the feedback—Atleast I understand that even through how much integration, a designs flaw can’t make up for it.

Man, I was really hoping this would of sold somehow—Maybe just sell it as a unique theme to an individual and be done with it. With that being said, how much would you say I should sell it fore, .PSD, HTML5 /CSS3 valid > Joomla Integration with skinned vBulletin theme

407 posts
  • Located in Europe
PaddyTaylor says

That sounds wise – there is a lot of chat about themes, originality and standards at the moment and while there are some valid points we must all remember the environment and what work is best to deliver here.

That said I would be cautious about taking the process for granted. I am not a designer and purely code but no matter how simple or “10 hours work” type projects some stuff may seem the review process is not as easy as it may appear.
Good luck with your designs

by
by
by
by
by
by