296 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United States
CodeFusion says

I’m a web developer and ~designer – though lately, my right brain has been on hiatus. It seems as I get older, my right brain tends to need more naps ;)

I have the design skills [ ps / html / css / js ] to do anything I want, I’m just lacking the creativeness / inspiration / motivation / organization to do it. Some call it designers block; I call it time to ask for help.

If you’re interested in joining forces with a developer – let me know!

Here’s the deal – I am now a one man army. I use to have in-house designers, but they have moved away to bigger corporations. As such, they don’t have time to keep working with me – I’m very thankful for TF!!

Looking at my CC portfolio you’ll see that I mostly sell applications / tools. I have more tools on the drawing board but am running into a design problem(s).

My latest item – not yet released – is pretty complex. 44 buttons and 7 text inputs on the left column. 14 buttons and 7 text inputs on the right column. The center column – when you click something – opens a modal box panel with 22 text inputs. I know – you need to see it in order to help – but it’s not just this one item – it’s all of them. I used the same design as this item. I like certain aspects of that design – but collectively – it looks like crap. I set this new project adside for a couple of weeks. When I opened it back up, the page was overwhelming!

What I want to do is create/buy/barter a template that I can use with all my items (past, present and future). I really like these :
Admantium – except not fluid and no sidebars
Canvas Admin – except no right sidebar

I’ve tried to use those as inspiration for creating my own template but most attempts look like a terrible copycat or it looks like I stole their work – neither of which I’m happy about.

Buying extended licenses from TF is not an option. I’d cost me $10,000 USD just for my past items and current projects – not counting future ones.

So, if you want to give me advice – my ears and mind are open!

If you want to sell me a template:

• I pay via PayPal.
  • I need unlimited resell rights as the template will be used for all my CC projects.
    If you want to also sell the same template on TF – I expect a deep discount.
  • I do not expect js plugins to work – i.e.: I can add datatables, charts, notifications, alerts, tooltips, etc.
  • It must be a fluid design – responsive is absolutely irrelevant
  • Grid system a plus – I like 12 (or 24) (3 col on a 16 is a p.i.t.a.)
  • Must be cross-browser
  • Most my stuff won’t be used on phone or tablets
  • Must work on 1024×768 and up – I will check up to 1920×1200
  • SEO is absolutely irrelevant
  • I like Colorbox vs. PrettyPhoto etc.

If you’d rather be given credit (link back) on each of my CC projects (that i use the template on) rather than one-time payment, I’d be proud to do so. (Developed by Me | Designed by XXX )

If you want some custom development done (PHP / MySQL) let’s talk.

Or if you want a mixed payment … I don’t care how I get the template done (buy / barter / beg) as long as it gets done! Its holding back other projects and starting to suck-up my time like it was free.

If you want to call me to talk about it, my phone number is in my profile page. English is my own spoken language

Bradley

p.s. I know the ternary (title) is a bit illogical but it “reads better” for not developers.
Should probably have been
developer_needs = ( my_template <= “crap” ) ? ( designer_cost < my_wallet ) ? (Designer + new_template) : “Start Over” : “Help”;
But I figured that was too long for a title.
308 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
SyamilMJ says

You shouldn’t be needing Help if my_template > crap, no?

Maybe:

developer_needs = ( my_template <= “crap” ) ? ( designer_cost < my_wallet ) ? (Designer + new_template) : (right_brain == okay) ? “Start Over” : “Help” : “Holiday”;

not tested

5082 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Australia says

great post CF

296 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
CodeFusion says

You shouldn’t be needing Help if my_template > crap, no?

No, if it is more than crap, it would be better than crap (a step up from crap) – still possibly in need of help begins as it’s compared with “crap” ;) Where as my_template <= crap would be less than or below crap. There’s still the fail-safe equal sign where “if my template equals crap”

Maybe: developer_needs = ( my_template <= “crap” ) ? ( designer_cost < my_wallet ) ? (Designer + new_template) : (right_brain okay) ? “Start Over” : "Help" : “Holiday”; not tested

Serious LOL'ed!!
Forgot a dependency check:

developer_needs = ( my_template <= “crap” ) ? ( designer_cost < my_wallet ) ? (Designer + new_template) : (right_brain okay) ? “Start Over” : “Help” : (holiday < count(wallet) ) ? include (Holiday) : die(“Working”);

also untested

3007 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+2 more
duotive says

Get to real codding :)) Leave the messing about for children :D

296 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
CodeFusion says

812 posts
  • Exclusive Author
iamthwee says

As wordpress stipulates write code for clarity over cleverness or brevity. Avoid the tenerary operator at all costs!

Oh yeah, and what duo said! ;)

308 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
SyamilMJ says

Someone must be wrong on the internet again.

322 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
PaulWinslow says

Not [really_sure] // what’s going on (?) in this.(“thread”). ?

296 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
CodeFusion says

As wordpress stipulates write code for clarity over cleverness or brevity. Avoid the tenerary operator at all costs! Oh yeah, and what duo said! ;)
Hence the title being illogical, but readable.
I didn’t realize TF Forums where under the thumb of Wordpress Codex laws. ;)

Not [really_sure] // what’s going on (?) in this.(“thread”). ?
My first post is pretty explanatory. I’m looking for a Designer or help. After that, it got a little off topic, but that’s ok. I don’t mind a little messing about every now and then.

Apparently a bit of non-sense fun is less than benign. My apologies. I’ll attempt to articulate my conversations to that of a black tie affair. ... ... ... Naw! No I wont! That’s just not who I am.

Point still stands – I’m looking for designer, a template, or help.

by
by
by
by
by
by