5492 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Australia says

So if I buy an item, I can subscribe to Developer / Author updates.

But if I haven’t bought the item, I have to keep tracking back more often than not reading thru countless comments to see if anything was done, and if so what.

Perhaps I am mistaken, perhaps Bookmark this .. keeps you informed, not that I have noticed.

So my issue is and I am sure many share this scenario, that:

We see a great item, but it needs tweaks, or fixes or upgrades or has promised changes awaiting moderation. So as a user who hasn’t bought the item yet, it would be nice to subscribe ( opt in / opt out ) of developer / Item changes.

This way you keep my attention and remind me of those eureka moments of , woohoo yes he has updated it , lets go have a looksy.

Furthermore, it seems more and more the case that items are released, and then immediately the Author begins rolling out update after update.

I think Authors should be made to create Proper Changelogs

Anyhoo that’s my bit said and done.

86 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
groupp says

In your opinion what is a proper change log? This is something we have wanted to streamline and improve with our products for awhile. How would it look and function?

5492 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Australia says

Hi.

v.1.3 – 13th July 2013

—changes to core variables. ( multiple php changes to main.php )

—updated main.css

v.1.2 – 8th July 2013

—reconfigured main.js

—updated demo.css

etc etc

86 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+1 more
groupp says

Ok per file updates? Thanks for the suggestions, we will take these into effect from now on!

170 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Australia
+2 more
michaeldale says

Here is an example to one of my change logs: https://portal.dalegroup.net/public/kb_view/5/

224 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
WPAlchemy says

I think most authors have some sort of changelog in their item’s descriptions anyways, but I do agree it would be nice to have some sort of standarized changelog page kindof the FAQ page (even though i dont think many people read it). Also it would be nice to be able to ‘follow’ an item you haven’t bought yet. I have bookmarked items im interested in, but that doesn’t give me any updates on the status of the item.

6025 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

I think most authors have some sort of changelog in their item’s descriptions anyways, but I do agree it would be nice to have some sort of standarized changelog page kindof the FAQ page (even though i dont think many people read it). Also it would be nice to be able to ‘follow’ an item you haven’t bought yet. I have bookmarked items im interested in, but that doesn’t give me any updates on the status of the item.

+1 for both official change log and subscribe option for update notification of bookmarked items.

by
by
by
by
by
by