14 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Located in Australia
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
fxdigital says

I know this has likely been asked a thousand times before… but any chance of a developers license?

I have today subscribed to a competitor to here … that charges me a monthly fee of $90 but gives me access to all of their plugins and themes… to use on as many sites as I like… how about someone here doing something… the same as this, different … who knows… but do something… as I would much rather spend my dollars here … on developers licenses or whatever comes from this.

And if everyone asks, who knows what might happen…

Steve

8269 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Moderator says

given the amount of content here I doubt you’ll ever see a license for access to everything for $$$, there’s too much quality and the current model obviously works as buyers arrive and buy alot of stuff.

Several unexclusive authors do this with their portfolio of files though, you just have to find them :P

3565 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

While i second MSFX (it’s a marketplace with individual authors that have individual items so a developer license for multiple files will never become reality, and shouldn’t), a developer licenses for a per file basis should be included already. I would sell any of my themes for multiple use for i don’t know .. 5x-10x of the original price (not sure about the pricing model). I think this is quite reasonable and we should expect this to be implemented already..

14 posts
  • Located in Australia
fxdigital says

I understand that it would be difficult but let us assume that a subscription service was introduced… say it cost $100 -$250 per month… (not sure what the average person spends a month here)... this would allow Envator to take their cut and also share the rest out based on things actually downloaded… remember this is a subscription so money would come in month after month… and support / updates could cease perhaps when the subscription was cancelled.

Not sure, just throwing ideas out there and wanting to keep everyone discussing developers licenses as some sort of new developers license is required.

Steve

+10 more
KrownThemes says

Sorry Steve this will never happen. How would you share money between 20000 authors?! How would you make all agree? And third, i would never ever sell myself for the low prices that you talk about. $45 for a theme is incredibly cheap and there is only one place on the entire internet where i saw the quality of TF and it offers a subscription. The rest of it is just crap [please don’t call out other marketplaces :) Thanks!]

1034 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
BenSheppard says

If you limited people to 10 downloads a month that’d still be at least $400 a month, that’s with limitations and such, it just wouldn’t work.

That’s like you asking a massive supermarket for a tiny subscription for anything in the store

8269 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Moderator says

That’s like you asking a massive supermarket for a tiny subscription for anything in the store

couldn’t have said it better.

Steve, with the greatest of respect, don’t you think the items here aren’t already cheap enough without a subscription service to make it even cheaper? There are at present 3,779,740 marketplace items… You’re wanting to pay $100-250 for access to IT ALL??? You’re asking for access to at the very least 10 million dollars worth of content for $100? That is NEVER going to happen lol.

Just FYI I agree with a dev license on a per item basis just not everything else you’re suggesting,

+10 more
KrownThemes says

[nevermind] .. let it be ..

14 posts
  • Located in Australia
fxdigital says

I agree things are cheap enough here… the subscription idea was only put forward as I did that with someone else today… and not for their themes… they are somewhat a joke, I agree.

All I want to do is spend more money on developers license for select items … we all want to use things time and time again, not sure I’ll use themes more than once or twice (you never know) so the existing system works fine for me there, however plugins are different… as I could use some of these many times over and having spoken with various authors I know they are more than happy to have a developers license come out.

Another idea could be to buy licenses in blocks of ten … I just want something better than what is currently available… and I don’t think I am the only one asking for developers licenses… they aren’t actually all that different from extended licenses, are they?

Steve

6025 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
VF says

Here is a virtual road map I guess:

2013 – Industry specific license terms updated by Envato
2014 – CodeCanyon showing a sales drop
2014 – Developer License getting added
2014 – No use with Developer License since it is not easy to pullback lost buyers who actually wanted it
2015 – Giga sales drop overal
2015 – Hello shopping cart and discounted Multi License options
2016 – Forums filled with feature requests that wants to copy raising competitor site features
2016 – Bundles, Bundles, Bundles… no one cares license
2017 – Parody of many staff farewells

by
by
by
by
by
by