1552 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
dSKY says
I wondering about this: There are so many awesome, skilled people on deviantart, publishing their work basically for free, and have thousands or hundreds of thousdands of downloads. Do they know about envato? If I were in the place of them, I’d move all my stock stuff here and make money. Are they here? If they know about envato, why aren’t they working here?

Interesting ….

32 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
MADSOFT says

hm, why is this in the form of a profile rather than an actual group? DeviantArt has a group system you know.

You go here to create a group, or here to convert a club (basically what you have now) into a group.

77 posts Elite Author
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+3 more
mbiz says
hm, why is this in the form of a profile rather than an actual group? DeviantArt has a group system you know. You go here to create a group, or here to convert a club (basically what you have now) into a group.

+1

215 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+4 more
MattexFilms says

I wouldn’t mind!

988 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
thomas07 says
hm, why is this in the form of a profile rather than an actual group? DeviantArt has a group system you know. You go here to create a group, or here to convert a club (basically what you have now) into a group.

we already have an existing application for a group and the application is awaiting moderation (approval) from DA Staff. Please be patient, once the group is approved we’ll send the link here…but for now you can still join at http://allauthors.deviantart.com

77 posts Elite Author
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+3 more
mbiz says
we already have an existing application for a group and the application is awaiting moderation (approval) from DA Staff. Please be patient, once the group is approved we’ll send the link here…but for now you can still join at http://allauthors.deviantart.com

Thanks for your efforts :)

32 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+1 more
MADSOFT says

Ah ok, great =)

171 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+2 more
SiamJai says
I wondering about this: There are so many awesome, skilled people on deviantart, publishing their work basically for free, and have thousands or hundreds of thousdands of downloads. Do they know about envato? If I were in the place of them, I’d move all my stock stuff here and make money. Are they here? If they know about envato, why aren’t they working here?

That’s a good question! I was wondering about something similar a while ago, and came up with a couple of possible reasons.

Maybe the awesome work those dedicated artists publish on DA is their way of self-expression, so they could be reluctant to put a price tag on it.

Some may prefer a community where they can grow artistically by giving and receiving quality critique on each others art, and they can’t really get that here. From a merchant’s perspective, leaving a critique on someone’s product would be seen as a deliberate way to decrease sales – I’ve seen people actually complain about it before.

Finally, many artists strive to create their own unique, recognizable style, to stand out from the crowd, whereas microstock sites like this one tend to encourage the opposite. For example, when Graphic River just started out, someone found out that business cards sold well. Soon afterwards, everyone and their grandmother seemed to have some for sale. When the market got saturated and demand dwindled, so did the influx of new card submissions – presumably the authors moved to greener pastures. :p

An artist would balk at the notion that she is supposed to make stuff just because it’s ‘in’ and ‘hot’ at the moment. While following high demand makes perfect sense from an entrepreneur’s perspective, it feels like ‘seling lout’ from an artist’s point of view.

Just my two cents. :)

171 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+2 more
SiamJai says
it feels like ‘seling lout’ from an artist’s point of view.
And of course that’s supposed to be “selling out”, if the editing time didn’t just expire. :p
988 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
thomas07 says

The group is now activated and you can join at http://all-authors.deviantart.com ...it is quite new, so we need some time to get some members to join and build the galleries related to every marketplace separately…then you can add your items and link them to the actual listing page on the marketplace.

note: we need group moderators

by
by
by
by
by
by