3544 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

Nah, they show up just fine, I forwarded them right now.

This thread was flagged for staff reply one month ago: http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/will-the-envato-api-be-updated-any-further/84992?page=1#713714

2590 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+17 more
contrastblack Envato team says

This thread was flagged for staff reply one month ago: http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/will-the-envato-api-be-updated-any-further/84992?page=1#713714

Then it must have already been brought up and is currently being discussed. I will also follow up on that one, thanks for bringing it back up, as they’re related anyway.

p.s: that one is not on my list though, so really, thanks for the reminder.

3231 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
organicbee says

theres a bunch of things that should be in the API

Comments especially now they have permalinks to each comments, using the RSS feed to pull them is a pain in the…. plus they the RSS feeds dont mark buyers comments & they pull all the authors comments.

Better sales data, should be able to pull all sales data.

Theres 2 hidden sets (from the documentation) wp-list-themes and wp-download which allows WordPress to auto update, there should be the exact same thing for plugin data on codecaynon, and not just for WordPress plugins but all CMS that allows auto updates

The user download field requires a users API key and purchase code, I think it should be ran against the authors API key to verify the purchase then allow the download link(so authors can allow downloads on their private sites without requiring a users API key) or at least add option for that, as both the purchase code and the API key require direct account access to retrieve. Purchase codes are still tired to user accounts so they should be able monitor API requests from them

3231 posts
+1 more
organicbee says

You guys should really remove that 24 hour message 8-)

2590 posts
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+17 more
contrastblack Envato team says

I have forwarded the questions as promised, a reply is on it’s way. Again, thank you for your patience.

p.s: the message you’re talking about states that you can only flag 2 messages for Staff reply per 24h, which is due to a lot of them actually getting flagged. No problem for me to keep spreading them to the appropriate Staff members, yet they then allocate more time to answering than actually fulfilling their tasks which is slightly counter-productive. :)

3231 posts
+1 more
organicbee says

I have forwarded the questions as promised, a reply is on it’s way. Again, thank you for your patience. p.s: the message you’re talking about states that you can only flag 2 messages for Staff reply per 24h, which is due to a lot of them actually getting flagged. No problem for me to keep spreading them to the appropriate Staff members, yet they then allocate more time to answering than actually fulfilling their tasks which is slightly counter-productive. :)

Sorry but with Envatos track record Im assuming this will get ignored like every other suggestion thats made and been flagged in the past(if you really want I’ll dig up the hundreds of forum threads) ....

507 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Australia
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
justinfrench Envato team says

Hi folks, there’s no major project planned for the API any time soon (like a sandbox), but if we can address any small and specific pain-points like this one (where it’s really hard to get test data), we will. Your suggestion of adding the buyer automatically is a great example of something we can probably address with a small change. I’ve added a ticket to see if this can be done (or something similar).

I’ll respond to the other thread as well.

3231 posts
+1 more
organicbee says

Hi folks, there’s no major project planned for the API any time soon (like a sandbox), but if we can address any small and specific pain-points like this one (where it’s really hard to get test data), we will. Your suggestion of adding the buyer automatically is a great example of something we can probably address with a small change. I’ve added a ticket to see if this can be done (or something similar). I’ll respond to the other thread as well.

The hardest part to get test data is purchase codes, and WordPress theme data for the wp-list-themes and wp-download which is whats used to update themes.

If theres no sandbox, the I would say the next best solution would just be to make authors items as purchased on their own accounts that I can test my themes on updates etc make sure things go smoothly, that will also give me purchases codes to test with verification etc(and multi product purchase verification)

507 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Australia
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
justinfrench Envato team says

Comments especially now they have permalinks to each comments, using the RSS feed to pull them is a pain in the…. plus they the RSS feeds dont mark buyers comments & they pull all the authors comments.

I’ve added a ticket for this, but I suspect it’s not a small addition. More detailed reply here.

Better sales data, should be able to pull all sales data.

Can you get more specific? I want to make sure I know exactly what’s missing, and that we’re tracking it properly for the future.

Theres 2 hidden sets (from the documentation) wp-list-themes and wp-download which allows WordPress to auto update, there should be the exact same thing for plugin data on codecaynon, and not just for WordPress plugins but all CMS that allows auto updates

I’ve added a ticket — what are some examples of CMSs that need this, to make sure I’m properly tracking this for the future?

3231 posts
+1 more
organicbee says
||+743268|justinfrench said-| I’ve added a ticket for this, but I suspect it’s not a small addition. More detailed reply here.

Im guessing not, you can already pull comments via RSS feeds example but it doesn’t mark buyer/author info just the comments, you can programmatically pull the permalink to the feed but the link returned is a generic link to the comments, maybe if not adding to the API update the RSS to have better data i.e buyer/author and the permalink.

Can you get more specific? I want to make sure I know exactly what’s missing, and that we’re tracking it properly for the future.

I think similar to Rubens post in the other API thread, but Im pretty sure better sales data wont come until the dashboard gets update with better reporting for example the statement only returns the last 100 sales for 28 days, the earnings-and-sales-by-month only pull all data maybe break it down into marketplace, and then have 1 for specific items this will allow API devs to generate a better reporting experience.

I’ve added a ticket — what are some examples of CMSs that need this, to make sure I’m properly tracking this for the future?

Specifically WordPress Plugins need this data, as for other CMS’ Im not sure which ones have auto updates as I don’t work them as often other authors will have to chime in here

by
by
by
by
by
by