Hi you guys & gals!
I didn’t get much feedback at forrst so I’m tryin’ it here. So the reviewer once asked why I was hiding the animated background in a down sliding area in our last theme – so I decided to emphasize on animated backgrounds for this theme. In order to listen to the call for no more sliders and no more three columns I chose to do another layout.
(I know it’s nothing like the top selling items on here, but that’s the point)
Then I asked for reviewer’s opinion on this and had a few conversations on how to improve and that he generally likes it much. But then all of a sudden all I got at the end was “it’s just not good enough, cheers”. My heart aches a bit, look at those glossy eyes and tell me your heart does not ache as well now!
The thing is, I’m really keen on getting it on TF because I figured it would sell well.
Can you help me with some tipps? You sure know how it is to be blind for the theme you’re working on for weeks, so I’m open for reality checks from you guys.
Thank you so much in advance and have a very nice day,
Live Preview (It does have a detailed theme options panel, a handful of different animated backgrounds, shortcodes and all those pretty things, but I guess this is a design issue.)
I don’t like the colors. You need to work with a palette. Check colourlovers.com for nice choices of colors
Thank you turkhitbox,
are you talking about the background or the colors in the content (shortcodes)? The background is supposed to be a day to night to day (...) animation, I don’t know whether there’s a good palette for that. I’m browsing through the palettes and see what I can find.
Man I dont wanna be mean, but this design is really bad. There is a lot to do, to get this accepted.
- colours - overall style - fonts
Mh thats harsh, but thank you anyways MASSIX – I’m gonna consider leaving this for now.
Sorry when it seems harsh, but I think direct feedback is the best to improve the work. To help you more here is a detailed list:
- Create a logo for the theme
- The animation and the other jQuery effects are really slow and I have high end internet
- Its too much transparency
- The colour scheme is horrible, use some smoother colours and a animation which is not so childish (for example take some bokeh)
- The footer is too plain and the overall style not really good
- The fonts are boring, maybe use some cufon script and a modern font
- Use some works of creattica instead of your avatar (it look childish, too)
- The navigation is really weird. I like home – about us – ... or something like that
My hint for you, put this theme into a box and work on another theme, because it make no sense to redesign this theme.
Good luck GC.
- first of all make a light version too…would look good
- make the bg animation as an extra option. give people the posibility for other backgrounds. i personaly know how much you worked for that bg, but i may not be usefull for everyone.
- the search in the header is to light for the dark header bg
- make some kind of hover action for the submenus in the main menus
- the functional sidebar for every post, that with the date and the socials needs more space. its too crowded
- the submit button on comments text is not vertical centered
- remove the standard content if widget is not used in sidebar, maybe then do not want 3 widgets
- the older posts link is to dark and is not visible
- hundredcustom shortcode is not working…. page: http://glossyc.at/aermotion/?page_id=2
- in the page linked before the check sign is to high… lower it
- final: make more customization options, make it more versatile
Good morning guys!
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my issue! MASSIX , it was not personally harsh like mean but you know … its my baby Danke trotzdem!
Duotive, nice reading from you again! Even if it’s a very sad topic – thank you much for that awesome feedback!
I am going to take some time to make a detailed respond after an emergency meeting about the AerMotion issue.
Y’all have a nice day!