• Senior Reviewer
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+9 more
ADG3studios Staff says
The idea is nice, but I agree with Clinton. Top Sellers page helps buyers to find popular authors and files, whereas buyers badges are enough to know if you are a good buyer. Who will go to this page, then contact you to tell you “hey dude, I saw you spend a lot on FD, can you please gimme some money or buy something from me huh?” :)

I think that’s what it is, really… Wise words from the Phat one :)

723 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Netherlands
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
BigZ says

I think it’s a better idea to show who bought your file in the statement area, in this way he/she can’t lie in emails that he/she bought the file. Also you could notice people for updates or send an email to someone who has bought many of your files if you have a new file.

33 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Steve says

I like the new badge!

356 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United States
CreativeMedia says
I think there should be a TOP BUYERS page like the TOP SELLERS http://activeden.net/author/top_sellers ... Is it a good idea? What do you guys think?
A couple of people have suggested this, CreativeMedia, but I am not so sure it is something that we will do. The buyer’s badges were introduced to give buyers respect in the forums, which hopefully they will do. The Top Sellers page showcases FlashDenners who have done amazing things by selling thousands of items. Getting on the first page is a pretty amazing achievement, backed by a lot of hard work. Whilst the Envato marketplace sites are nothing without the buyers, I personally don’t think that being a top buyer is the same as being a top seller. It is much easier to buy 500 items than to sell 500 items. Just my opinion, and this is not my decision to make. We’ll see what the man Dr. Vahid has to say about it all.
The idea is nice, but I agree with Clinton. Top Sellers page helps buyers to find popular authors and files, whereas buyers badges are enough to know if you are a good buyer. Who will go to this page, then contact you to tell you “hey dude, I saw you spend a lot on FD, can you please gimme some money or buy something from me huh?” :)

Yah I agree, I guess it was not such a good idea after all becouse I have already received three emails from authors, two of them asking me to buy their files & one other asking me to view his new file.

Guys please don’t sent me any more requests to buy or view your files.

I’m on FlashDen at least 5 times a day & I see all the the new files as they are approved. If I like or need something I will buy it & if I don’t I won’t.

FlashDen staff & authors, Keep up the good work! :)

Cheers!

6 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Europe
arx says
I think it’s a better idea to show who bought your file in the statement area, in this way he/she can’t lie in emails that he/she bought the file. Also you could notice people for updates or send an email to someone who has bought many of your files if you have a new file.

Yeah, I think this is good idea :)

263 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • United States
JoeMC says
Yeah, I think this is good idea :)

I agree. Something that the authors could see, but not everyone else.

3449 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Won a Competition
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+5 more
KrownThemes says
Send an email to someone who has bought many of your files if you have a new file.
This is not a good idea :D 90% of the buyers don’t like to receive emails from you, telling them that you just released a new file :) The whole idea is good, i would like to know who buys my files, but don’t stress your buyers with emails :D
723 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
BigZ says

I didn’t mean that you should send all buyers emails, that’s just annoying and can be seen as spam, but I sometimes get emails like “I bought some of your files, send me an email when you have updates or new files”, that’s where the idea came from.

Also I think it’s weird that you see the names of the users who were refered by you and deposited money. Why is it important to see that and not the names of the buyers?

by
by
by
by
by
by