272 posts The Dominant One
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
wptitans says

Why is it that i see all BuddyPress themes going out for 45/50 and responsive theme for 35/40.

And then i see a responsive BuddyPress theme coming today and it’s rated at 35 :S.

I’m a little confused about this is and where this is based upon by the reviewer. Or was it a decision by the author himself? Or maybe it’s because hey isn’t popular like the other ones.

1950 posts Do the Needful
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
+10 more
JamiGibbs says

You might want to read the Envato Notes announcement about BuddyPress:

http://notes.envato.com/news/welcome-buddypress-to-themeforest/

EDIT : Also, one question mark in the title will suffice. I fixed that up for you. ;)

118 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
ZenThemes says
wptitans said
I’m a little confused about this is and where this is based upon by the reviewer. Or was it a decision by the author himself?

:-) I can confirm that I didn’t request a certain price for my latest theme.

14 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
CodeHunk says

I do not know if there is a Specific Reason for the Low Price but for sure it is decided by the Reviewer and according to the category. The reviewers themselves should elaborate on this issue.

The First Point of the BuddyPress Announcement itself suggests “BuddyPress items will be price $10 higher than an equivalent WP theme”.

So, I guess this matter should be looked into and the Pricing should be increased to $45.

@KiwiStudio Real good work mate..!!

+5 more
wptitans says
JamiGibbs said
You might want to read the Envato Notes announcement about BuddyPress: http://notes.envato.com/news/welcome-buddypress-to-themeforest/ EDIT : Also, one question mark in the title will suffice. I fixed that up for you. ;)

Hi Jamie, we did read it or else we didn’t posted this here for a clarification. And then just as Codehunk stated.

1. BuddyPress items will be price $10 higher than an equivalent WP theme

So why not with that one?

This is holding back authors from bringing BuddyPress themes when they are rated 35. To much work for this.

PS: sorry about the question marks ;)

1950 posts Do the Needful
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+10 more
JamiGibbs says

I thought you were asking why BuddyPress themes were priced higher but now I see what you meant. :)

There could be a few reasons for that. Maybe the author requested that price, or, maybe there were other considerations in play with the file that we may not realize, or, human error.

Regardless, if an author wants to contact support for a price increase request, they are welcome to do so. And if you submit a BuddyPress WP theme, you can also do the same. A friendly notation when you submit your BuddyPress WP theme to the reviewer might also be a good idea.

14 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
CodeHunk says

Here you go…

The Pricing has been increased to $40.. It still think though that its a steal.. :)

316 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
SyamilMJ says
codehunk said
Here you go… The Pricing has been increased to $40.. It still think though that its a steal.. :)

I agree with this too, Kiwi’s theme is awesome and should be at least $45-50.

+5 more
wptitans says

Envato Notes states that the themes will be priced 10$ higher then other equivalent themes.

http://notes.envato.com/news/welcome-buddypress-to-themeforest/

So this theme without bbPress and BuddyPress would get a normal rate of 35$, ad 10 to it is at least 45$. And then it’s fully responsive that would be the other 5$ which makes the 50$ hey deserves to receives for his work

Really confused here why the reviewer or staff in question decides to set it 35$ and then to 40$.

If the reviewer could let us know what his decision was based upon so we can decide if it’s worth the effort to even start working on such complex themes.

by
by
by
by
by
by