• Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Germany
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
UJ-pro says

Hey,

right now a new Item is approved and I wondered it´s got a diffrent name!?

I called it “Oriental Jingle I” because the “Oriental Jingle II” follows in 1-2 days.

Now after review it has a totaly different name. It´s called “Middle Eastern Ident” now.

http://audiojungle.net/item/middle-eastern-ident/4119189

Is that a fault of a reviewer or the server? Because nobody asked me for a changing or at least informed me by telling the reason for changing.

Can anybody tell me what went on?

Thanks, Udo

1729 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
gbs says

Sounds strange. You should try to contact support by opening a ticket ;)

1261 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
UJ-pro says

Thanks gbs,

I sent a ticket today. I’m curious about the answer and the reasons. The second reviewed Oriental Item still has “Oriental” in the Name which was changed in the first Item.

http://audiojungle.net/item/oriental-ident-ii/4123120

So that can´t be the reason. But Item the word “Jingle” in the name of the second Itemis has also been changed to “Ident” I had a look Items of other authors in the genre “Logos & Idents”. There I found a reviewed Item just called “Jingle 1”. So why are all these words changed in my Items.

And that´s not all. There´s a third Item of me released now with changes. The word “Ident” was added behind the Original Name.

http://audiojungle.net/item/hightech-drops-i-ident/4124371

Is this nessesary? What´s going on? It´s my work and there’s nothing offensive in my Item-Names. For me it´s a bit like a book store would rename a Book without a clearance with the author.

21 posts
  • Europe
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
StormwaveAudio says

I had the same problem with a couple of my items. The only answer I received was something along the lines of ”...if item’s name is offensive or name doesn’t fit the content…” and no specific explanation. I assumed, that even if I have a good plan in naming my items, I don’t understand some naming rules for this marketplace. Now I’m just a little confused.

This went kind of further when one of my items was renamed into something totally different than I wanted when I requested a rename… So yeah, it seems that there’s something weird going in that department.

For me, this weirdness also showed in changing item categories.

1261 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
UJ-pro says

Hi Stormwaveaudio,

that´s really strange and a bit unprofessional. I maintain my opinion, that the questionabled Names ofr Items have to be hidden and discussed before changed and released. I wouldn’t even come to this idea to do this with other peoples work.

It seems to be there are no naming rules. As I explained. All the words I used are already used for other Items in the same category. And all of them fit to the content like “Oriental”, “Jingle”...

I hope envato will reconsider this and spend more time in reviewing the contents instead of changing Item-Names. They should work on the queue-time which is 12 – 14 days since months.

Still waiting for answer….

41 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Italy
Marcozannone says

Hmm it might be a database error or something like that.. but it also may be that the reviewer thought the new title was more appropriate. It happened to me once that I got my title changed; I had added (contains loop versions) at the end of it and it was removed… they were right in that case I think :D yours is a bit more of an extreme change though.

1261 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
UJ-pro says

I got the answer and it’s changed already. The main problem was the word “Oriental“ which belongs in english more to “asia“. And there are typical words to use in this genre like “ident“ for example. I will have a further look when I’m at home again and tell you.

by
by
by
by
by
by