• Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Community Moderator
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • United States
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+5 more
sevenspark Volunteer moderator says

How about just running the images through TimThumb to standardize the sizes? That’s how I implemented Nivo Slider on my last theme (for my upcoming one I wrote my own to allow for greater flexibility).

For one thing, the images will need to be the same dimensions due to the way the transitions are implemented in Nivo if nothing else – otherwise the transitions wouldn’t look very nice if everything didn’t line up properly.

2057 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Landonw says

Timthumb doesn’t work for a lot of people, so I don’t really recommend using it. I’d suggest just using WP to resize (it’s possible, not easy, but possible).

1383 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Serbia
wpCanyonThemes says

@Sevenspark – Yeah i know, but i used WP thumbnails feature to resize everything, don’t want to use it just for the slider. And as landon said, there are probs.

@landonw – Yup, that’s why i decided not to use timthumb at all. But the prob is that the WP thumbnails feature can’t resize on the fly.

1 post
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
oallais says

What i do : use timthumb to display all images at a fixed width and add 2 lines in .js :

// adjust height ! hh = vars.currentImage.attr(‘height’); slider.height(hh);

just after

$(’.nivo-box’, slider).remove();

in the nivoRun method

2 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • United States
murad12s says

Nive slider doesn’t work in full width on my page: http://www.seopez.com/

:(

1 post
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
lostlogo says

I found a solution for my site, I had given the #slider a height of 533px and it was being overridden by an element style that I couldn’t find anywhere in my theme files. So I just set the height in nivo-slider.css to “height: 533px !important;” and the ”!important “makes it override the element style. Not my ideal fix but I was tired of banging my head on the wall. Hope it helps anyone.

1 post
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
homebasemike says

The slider is worthless with these themes

by
by
by
by
by
by