I have installled vsftpd and can connect to the server, created a ftp login and all rosey except I can’t upload files / directories.
I am now way beyond my knowledge, what is the next step to do enable me to upload files?
the error I get in ftp is: mkdir /file/ :permission denied
- Author has had an Item Featured
- Author had a Free File of the Month
- Has been a member for 3-4 years
- Referred between 10 and 49 users
- Exclusive Author
- Bought between 10 and 49 items
- Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
- Beta Tester
Not sure if this is your issue but I can guess these two issues:
- Your user doesn’t have write permission on this specific directory
- You are behind a firewall which is preventing you to upload your files on your server properly. Please try to change your ftp mode from Active (ACTV) to Passive (PASV) or vice versa and try again. (Active and Passive settings can be set in your connection information
Hope this helps!
mistake in my permissions code, quick google and sorted it
Slightly related, I installed my new theme into Ghost and restarted using the command line but ghost won’t restart.
Checking the status just says ghost isn’t running and running the start function again doesn’t get it going.
When I add the following command:
sudo service ghost start
it comes up with
Am I meant to press a certain key to agree to that?