42 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+2 more
phppoet says

I have implemented this code http://w-shadow.com/blog/2010/09/02/automatic-updates-for-any-plugin/ into my two plugins on codecanyon. This code successfully notify users about the available updates . This plugin can download and install update directly if we provide url of zip file of updated plugin . We can not host our updates on place which is publicly accessible to anyone.

Today i read about this plugin http://codecanyon.net/forums/thread/wordpress-purchase-code-verifier-/84970?page=1

which allows only our purchasers to register on our wordpress site . I m using bbpress as a support forum with default wordpress login . There are few wordpress download monitor type plugins available which only allows registered users to download files . Direct zip url will be available only to registered users(our purchasers).

In this way i think we can allow our purchaser to update easily for our products.

what you guys say ? does envato allow it ?

2024 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+8 more
revaxarts says

I use automatic updates if user provide there purchase code and they LOVE IT!

It also keeps my plugin up to date and supporting is much easier. I don’t know why ENvato isn’t implementing something…

It uses a public URL too but my plugin send the purchasecode as well. Without it they get a “purchasecode invalid”.

\\

42 posts
+2 more
phppoet says

This isn’t very tough to implement but i want to know the envato’s stand on it . If they don’t have problem with it we can manage it.

A direct download url which only allow registered users with purchase code to download zip file for restricted times. By not allowing any registered members to download for more then few times we can prevent piracy of our product .

2024 posts
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+8 more
revaxarts says
42 posts
+2 more
phppoet says

Pippin has talked to Collis on this topic

Thanks a lot revaxarts, now i can start work on this .

Envato must implement this feature for codecanyon items .

28 posts
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
onokazu says

Right now I am in the process of implementing something similar to my plugin, but how do you all test the verify-purchase method of Envato API?

It requires not only my username and Envato API key but also a buyer’s purchase code, of course. But I don’t have a purchase code for my plugin to test the API with. Did you all purchase your own plugin here to get one? :O

42 posts
+2 more
phppoet says

Right now I am in the process of implementing something similar to my plugin, but how do you all test the verify-purchase method of Envato API? It requires not only my username and Envato API key but also a buyer’s purchase code, of course. But I don’t have a purchase code for my plugin to test the API with. Did you all purchase your own plugin here to get one? :O

There are some other methods like using wp_mail() in your plugin to send mail to admin with a subject that contains purchase code.But for that you need to wait for first buyer to register with purchase code on your forum or support site. Therefore i think buying own plugin would be the easiest way to do this .

3047 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

My automatic updates seem to have stopped working on themes. Plugins are fine.

It’s like the WP blog isn’t sending through the theme version, so everyone is getting an “update notification” because my system thinks the theme version is “0”. hmmmmm

24 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
OnePress says

I use automatic updates if user provide there purchase code and they LOVE IT!

It also keeps my plugin up to date and supporting is much easier. I don’t know why ENvato isn’t implementing something…

It uses a public URL too but my plugin send the purchasecode as well. Without it they get a “purchasecode invalid”.

\\

Could you promt me which response you form on your backend to show “Purchasecode invalide” during the download?

by
by
by
by
by
by